No summer of flash sales?

guys come on..i am not here to start an argument on what they do or what they dont do.. i just wanted to know.. and got my answer.. tbh i amore than happy with what i got..i will save money and buy itlater on..so no harm done here atleast..

Combat mission shock force is worth getting??

secondly for some reason i cannot access battlefront website from home (forums only) but i can access it from my workplace..so i will see it on monday

Shock force is missing several features. Mostly small things but you'll notice them if you are used to, say, CMBS; editor options, commands, few animations, fewer ground types, lack of AI triggers, no shaders etc. That said CMSF with its modules has a huge amount of units, variety and gameplay. (just consider this, in CMBS you get one M1 Abrams variant, in CMSF and marines module you get, what 6, 7 variants?)

Apart the evident lack of shaders you won't get a much different graphic experience, the models are just a bit worse than CMBS, but you won't notice it.  

Playing the base game plus the modules you'll feel the improvement of map and missions layouts, which will get better and better; the NATO module sports the best maps/missions/campaigns of the series, according to many. (in my opinion the british campaign was also a masterpiece).

Besides, there's a number of available mods (check BFC repository), one big mod even lets you play in a temperate environment simulating what CMBS does today; not to mention additional campaigns, missions etc.

Anyway, talks at 0 when there's the demo to be checked, and it's the biggest demo in combat mission franchise:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=42&Itemid=78

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

guys come on..i am not here to start an argument on what they do or what they dont do.. i just wanted to know.. and got my answer.. tbh i amore than happy with what i got..i will save money and buy itlater on..so no harm done here atleast..

Combat mission shock force is worth getting??

secondly for some reason i cannot access battlefront website from home (forums only) but i can access it from my workplace..so i will see it on monday

Personally I really love CMSF, however I really do miss all the additional features and capabilities in the newer titles.

Shock force is missing several features. Mostly small things but you'll notice them if you are used to, say, CMBS; editor options, commands, few animations, fewer ground types, lack of AI triggers, no shaders etc. That said CMSF with its modules has a huge amount of units, variety and gameplay. (just consider this, in CMBS you get one M1 Abrams variant, in CMSF and marines module you get, what 6, 7 variants?)

Apart the evident lack of shaders you won't get a much different graphic experience, the models are just a bit worse than CMBS, but you won't notice it.  

Playing the base game plus the modules you'll feel the improvement of map and missions layouts, which will get better and better; the NATO module sports the best maps/missions/campaigns of the series, according to many. (in my opinion the british campaign was also a masterpiece).

Besides, there's a number of available mods (check BFC repository), one big mod even lets you play in a temperate environment simulating what CMBS does today; not to mention additional campaigns, missions etc.

Anyway, talks at 0 when there's the demo to be checked, and it's the biggest demo in combat mission franchise:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=42&Itemid=78

thanks..will download the demo tomorrow from my workplace..