New Scenario - Der Ring der 5. Panzer-Division

Hi @Augusto @WOKI @Earl Grey

Cheers for the support guys :)

It's slowly coming together. The Soviet AI plan is taking a wee bit longer than planned - mainly due to the size of map. It's nearly done. just need to test it out a wee bit. I'm a wee bit behind, but reckon I'll have a beta version done by next week.

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-07%2018-36-

A SPW full of tense looking panzergrenadiers.

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-07%2018-45-

SPW moving out of cover. The Soviet lines are about 1000m ahead. The plumes of smoke are from some KO'd Soviet trucks.

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-08%2011-46-

The same unit of panzergrenadiers now in action supported by several Panthers. This is them clearing out a small farm - which dominates a key crossing point over a water feature.

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-08%2011-46-

View from the left hand SPW in the above picture.

WOW !  :)

This one will keep me occupied for a couple of evenings i'm sure...Thanks for making this !

"When playing this do so with the mindset you are playing a min campaign. Due to the size of map and tactical challenges you’ll need to tackle this as a linked series of actions rather than one decisive action."

Cool idea !

Looking forward to see how this will play out...sounds very promising 

VERY nice George, as always !!!  

But hell, this cant be played by a single player ^^

THIS is a superb example how good this game could be when played with 3 pl. in coop. or 2/3 vs 2/3  . It would be THE WARGAME !

Anyway George keep the good maps coming ^^ And thank you very much !

VERY nice George, as always !!!  

But hell, this cant be played by a single player ^^

THIS is a superb example how good this game could be when played with 3 pl. in coop. or 2/3 vs 2/3  . It would be THE WARGAME !

Anyway George keep the good maps coming ^^ And thank you very much !

He! :) I've played it several times and just started another run on it. I know it's not for everyone but I love playing this type of stuff - why I make em :)

My 'trick' is not to attack with everything at once. I tend to work with an advance group and have the other stuff in back up. So at any one time I'm attacking with a company + group supported by maybe a platoon in overwatch, the others keep tucked away out of sight. Once this unit has it's objectives, they 'go firm' and you pass through the next group and so on. I also tend not split squads at this level of play so I don't get to drawn into micromanagement. Given you have lot's of stuff losing one tank or one MG team due to 'sloppy management' is less of a blow at this scale.

Still the map can be used and cut up as folks desire for smaller engagements. If they do so I just ask I get credit for the orginal map design :)

Anyways thanks for the positive feedback and support :)

Yeah thats the same way i play these kind of scenarios, but just wondering how cool this could be when everything happens simultaniously  B)  :P  -scouting left and right flanks and advancing in the middle etc.

Ah yeah - now that would be great. Do you get to fire your under performing staff officers though? :)

Hi George, looks really good. I plan to give this one a try pretty soon. Looking at the briefing, the one criticism I have at this point is that your briefing graphic showing the TOE and arrival times of reinforcements is really, really small. My vision is good, but I really had to squint to make out the text you've included in that graphic. It would have been better to include that info in the regular briefing text, IMO. 

Hi George, looks really good. I plan to give this one a try pretty soon. Looking at the briefing, the one criticism I have at this point is that your briefing graphic showing the TOE and arrival times of reinforcements is really, really small. My vision is good, but I really had to squint to make out the text you've included in that graphic. It would have been better to include that info in the regular briefing text, IMO. 

Hi Luke

I assume you are playing as Germans? The briefing info about any reinforcements is also in the main brief (it's under the groups it pertains to - e,g, I/Pz.Rgt 31 HQ Group ETA 25 minutes.  You to be sure - you can't play this as Soviets against the German AI as there is no German AI Plan (down that road lay madness!!). Good luck with it and keen to see how it plays out for you :)

Hi Luke

I assume you are playing as Germans? The briefing info about any reinforcements is also in the main brief (it's under the groups it pertains to - e,g, I/Pz.Rgt 31 HQ Group ETA 25 minutes.  You to be sure - you can't play this as Soviets against the German AI as there is no German AI Plan (down that road lay madness!!). Good luck with it and keen to see how it plays out for you :)

Aye, definitely playing this as the Germans. :) I only skimmed through the briefing, so I didn't realize the reinforcement briefing text is also there. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.