Question about Mord's Base Game Protraits

First off I'd like to that this mod is fantastic.  It really adds to my game play.  Sometimes it's the small stuff,  although I'm sure it was a bear doing it, that really spices up the enjoyment of playing for me.  Kinda like the shoulder and helmet patches.  

Anyway, what I am trying to find out is how to get the Rangers portrait with the small patches to work.  Actually at this point any Ranger portrait to work.  I've tried all 4 of them and while I had no problem getting the infantry, armor and Airborne ones to work I can't seem to get the Rangers to cooperate.  There are 4 of them to chose from and none work.  I was wondering if they are labeled right or something?  

The bmp names are ; Portrait usa infantry_Rangers.bmp, portrait usa infantry_Rgr Bat 1st.bmp, portrait usa infantry_Rgr Bat 4 th.bmp and , portrait usa infantry_Rgr Bat 3rd.bmp

I am playing CMFI only so don't have the GL but don't think that's the problem or perhaps it is.  

Anybody know happen to know?  

Are you only putting the ranger portrait in the z folder? It will only be used by infantry, there unfortunately is no separate portrait for rangers.

When you install it did you remove everything from the underscore back? It should just say portrait usa infantry.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Hey thanks for answering Mord.  I was kinda hoping it would be you.  :-))  OK, maybe I'm not thinking correctly.  I am currently using and wanting to continue to

use the Big Red One patch.  If I changed the ranger patch to portrait usa infantry would't that replace the patch for the 1st patch?  I guess it would so I think I understand why it wasn't working.  Tell me if I'm wrong though please.  Thanks again.  Great mod by the way I just wish we had different stock for all branches like rangers, engineers, recon, etc.  :-((

Thanks, glad you like it...buy Gustav and you can get the mod me and DC did which has tons more!

Yeah, you can only have one type of each portrait (should say it right in the readme), infantry, airborne, armor, armored infantry. If you put them in the same folder together one would overwrite the other. If they were put in separate folders, the one in the folder that's name started with the furthest letter down the alphabet chain would load up in game.

I am hoping one day they can fix this as the Allied portraits all have sub units of their respective divisions. I actually just had a PM recently with BFC about it but as of now it's a coding thing. 

Mord.

Thanks again Mord.  Yeah, I figured it was too much but would be nice to have separate stocks for all the branches.  

I do plan on getting GL for Father's Day so will certainly go mod hunting.  :-))

Edited by Lee McLaughlin

No worries.

Awesome. Gustav adds quite a bit to FI, really opens it up. And you'll have 1400 portraits to choose from with the other version of the mod.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Well I just made my day.  I found a Ranger uniform mod.  So now my rangers have different colored uniforms than my infantry.  I am pretty excited.  So my rangers, airborne and infantry all have different colored outfits!!  How neat is that.