I hate artillery, I really do...

Okay...I laughed!

First, that's a pretty close arty call. Secondly, NEVER bunch up like that. But, yeah, that's happened to me, as well. It hurts when it does. I mean, it hurts when it happens to me: it's funny when it happens to someone else. ;)

The occasional short has to be expected. 

So...tell the truth...did you rage quit, press on with the battle/campaign, or restart from a previous savegame?

Ken

"What are you guys doing?"

"Stacking up at the waypoint like you told us to!"

Unlucky to get a direct hit like that, though; the wall and surrounding buildings mean the short round had to drop in  a pretty narrowly-defined area to do that much damage...

Okay...I laughed!

First, that's a pretty close arty call. Secondly, NEVER bunch up like that. But, yeah, that's happened to me, as well. It hurts when it does. I mean, it hurts when it happens to me: it's funny when it happens to someone else. ;)

The occasional short has to be expected. 

So...tell the truth...did you rage quit, press on with the battle/campaign, or restart from a previous savegame?

Ken

Real mean play other real men, and they keep playing till the end...

they keep playing till the end...

At least the ones that haven´t been obliterated by artillery :P (sorry, couldn´t resist)

And what´s with the new title: Repository Admin?

I can´t figure out if that is good or bad news. Does that mean that the repository is going to get up to cmmods standards (hope so)? Or that BFC have "bought a competitor" - and cmmods is getting shut down? :o

"Mommy, tell me again why Daddy is never coming home?"

"Well, mein-leiber Klaus, ven all zee men had to get commanders, he got put into GaJ's unit."

"Ach! Mommy, no! Not him!"

"Ja, ist true. Und dat ist vy Mommy must date udder men."

:)

I counted the crosses, there are 16 of them.

I hate to say it.. but I too haven’t witnessed anything so funny in CM for a long time.. ;).

Absolutely :D. Thanks for sharing this GaJ, your men died for a good cause...our entertainment.

"Mommy, tell me again why Daddy is never coming home?"

"Well, mein-leiber Klaus, ven all zee men had to get commanders, he got put into GaJ's unit."

"Ach! Mommy, no! Not him!"

"Ja, ist true. Und dat ist vy Mommy must date udder men."

:)

You complete frickin bastard.

I've been shrugging off all the jokes right up until that one, but this just cuts to the bone...

;)

Well Gaj, I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you got some arty at all.

When my soldiers spot an real important enemy target that has to be destroyed by artillery, every Tom, Dick and Harry in my army seems to be able to see the target. Except, off course, the ones with the ability to call in arty/airstrikes. I can have six different units behind the same hedgerow and then:

- the riflemen spot the target,

- the machinegunners spot the target,

- the ammobearers spot the target,

- the bazookagunners spot the target,

but the officers do not,

and the forward observers do not.

Repositioning gets 'm killed, or the target moves away, or smoke gets in the line of sight. UURGH!!!

At least your spotters spot!

Edited by Seedorf81

You playing it hth? That looks JonS masterpiece? If you are then those losses are really going to hurt you, that is one hell of a scenario and tough for the German player.

Well recognised!   It's Sheriff of Oosterbeek, and it's a fabulous map.    

I was so struck by this little scene (regrettably off in the distance from my forces) it reminded me of your comment:

post-48730-0-82964500-1434843844_thumb.p

... what a beautiful row of terraced houses and back yards.   Not even near an objective, or especailly tactically significant.   Just artistic!