WOT & War Thunder Panther Skins

Wow, that is very, very good job Woki. Maybe you can also do the same thing for some Ardennes shermans....whitewash and such? Please! :D

Thanks Kohlen!

will do ! i just need to learn those shermans template first and see if there's available historical skins for sherman

like this one?

sher_zpspz100qnr.jpg

Edited by --WOKI--

These are indeed pretty interesting, WOKI. But I think these skins could really use some weathering in the vein of Aris' fine work, don't you think? They look practically factory-fresh -- or at least quite saturated on the color spectrum and, as a result, not as realistic as they could after the application of a good bit of dirt and wear/age.

Also...what says the group regarding the historical accuracy of camo patterns like those on vehicles 331 and 411? While not a true tank grog, I've looked through a fair number of "Panzer Colors" - style books in my lifetime and I don't remember anything like those patterns. 

Again -- nicely done, keep up the good work! Especially like the ambush scheme on Panther #215 and KT #222.

These are indeed pretty interesting, WOKI. But I think these skins could really use some weathering in the vein of Aris' fine work, don't you think? They look practically factory-fresh -- or at least quite saturated on the color spectrum and, as a result, not as realistic as they could after the application of a good bit of dirt and wear/age.

Also...what says the group regarding the historical accuracy of camo patterns like those on vehicles 331 and 411? While not a true tank grog, I've looked through a fair number of "Panzer Colors" - style books in my lifetime and I don't remember anything like those patterns. 

Again -- nicely done, keep up the good work! Especially like the ambush scheme on Panther #215 and KT #222.

Thanks Miler !

yes i already use Aris panther skin as my template for this skin because using stock template doesn't match with the skin itself

i think it still need some weathering like you said but im unable to do that because my skill so bad with psp and hope someone could make a better version

for some area and pattern from this skin was made by my own improvisation so all of this skins i guess still far from historical accuracy and bit different from original file :)

for number 331 and 411 the only thing i know is the artist made it based on pics from net and it says was use in Oderfront 1945

btw i still have about 40 more panther skins, 40++ tiger skins, 40++ King tiger, 30 jagdpanther, 15 Panzer IV, 15 Stug, 15 Jagdpanzer, 15 Hetzer, 5 Nashorn to finish :(

aaaarrgh still very long long way!...that list makes me nuts but my hope i can see all of them in this game :D

Edited by --WOKI--

Hi WOKI,

I think that a platoon of tanks would most times have a similar camo pattern with some slight variations in placement.

I think it was not so often a wild variation in one setting within the same unit of the same model tank.

Especially for a prepared offensive like Bulge, panthers were painted at the factory and in batches issued out to units.

Maybe you can try to make a platoon (zug) of panthers in the ambush scheme with a variation in turrets using numbers 01, 02, 03 at the ends of the file names.

The turrets would have same pattern but different tank numbers and maybe add some nicknames of "Elsa", Gertrude", etc. Maybe add unit insignia

But for the hull and wheels, make a few variants but try to have them all the variants visually compatible with any of the turrets and the bmp file selection randomness will not end in a bad result.

Just my suggestion. :D

i remember seeing a pic of a panther painted like that in the panzer colors series of books. quite rare but accurate. german armor crews were issued the basic 3 colors of paint and german tanks had a built in spray gun system. the crews were left to themselves as how to paint and the density of the colors which sometimes depended on how much paint they actually had to work with. the paint issued by the germans was also capable of being mixed with water or diesel fuel or any other liquid to thin it out. in my opinion that's what makes german armor so cool, the wide variety of paint schemes and creativity of the crews.

The panthers used in the Bulge that had the disk camo scheme were painted at the factory. I suppose because it was a complicated camo scheme with templates.

I would imagine in the German military there would be a regimental, battalion and company instructions on SOP for the camo schemes to limit any crazy camo schemes.

I say limit because I have those same series of softcover books and obviously some really odd camo schemes were applied, "...maybe a Picasso admirer..." the one photo caption read...!

Thanks for your suggestion kohlen ! yes i've the same think like you kohlen but im not the expert of making it, i just convert them and use the original texture file that already there :D
and from my thinking it's still best for making a separate camo which i've mention it before that it's still good to see different camos on each model with separate texture.
just need to change the current system which combining Hull 1 with Turret 2 or Hull 2 with Turret 1 seems only compatible with same color and camos and seems the system only perfect for infantry skins but not vehicles.
so that's why many of us wants the system change.
make the system only use matching file by same type vehicles and file numbers, like panther_A_early Hull 1 only match with  panther_A_early Turret 1 or Panther A_Late_Hull 2 only match with Panther_A_Late_Turret 2 and so on but not mixing them like current system. in that way we can have a huge camos collection in seperate camos type. In quick battle , campaign or scenario the system would pick random set and only match with it's number so there will be no more combining (each skins will seperate by numbers and match with its number only)
and another of my idea for different Turret number / Names on Hull but same skins/color just add them "Hull 1A or Turret 1A" this if we want to have the same skin but different Turret number / names on hull only but if we remove the "Alphabet" like A this system will recognize different skins
like Hull 1 + Turret 1 is different with Hull 1A + Turret 1A :)
anyway why BFC doesn't recognize that skins can make a good sell here?? with many type of camos we had, sure this gonna have a huge impact on selling and community as well and better they release tools for preview those 3D model so it will makes us easier to see the skin details in fast way

but as i said this just an idea and my hope for next battle of bulge :)

Edited by --WOKI--

Hi Woki,

I made it an "official suggestion" about getting each tank to have some way to show as a separate distinct vehicle (its own camo, tank number, tank nickname, kill rings on barrel, etc.).

I suggested as an enhanced mod tag feature. How hard is it to accomplish? I don't know....

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119946-mod-tag-enhancement-feature-idea/

Thank you very much sir Kohlen! for putting it on official suggestion, perhaps adding cinematic camera feature would be cool too, if you have play order of war or star wars republic at war strategy will seen this cinematic camera stuff but i don't know if it's fair with hidden objects in combat mission ! :D Thanks @Eniced73 ! i try my best to make it as close as the original file even it still looks ugly if you see it very closer :) made this about 2 hours ago still WIP ( too bad we can't have hetzer in CMBN and no ferdi in CMRT :( ) 21 pz div Hetzer, Destroyed in Barracat-Lorraine France October 1944 CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2013-24- CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2013-50-

Here some more..on progress *20 Hetzer skins*
too bad this CMRT hetzer template looks didn't suitable for Hull Number because only one side hull in template for both right and left so the result the other side will show reversed number :(
btw i use Kieme Hetzer Wheel too  for muddy wheel which looks good !

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-14-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-11-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-13-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-03-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-25-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-25-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-30-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-20%2021-30-

Edited by --WOKI--

Then do better. Else just keep quiet. Maybe he likes the colors that way? I'm not really impressed by your attitude, how do you find that?

Oh, so we're only supposed to reply if we like a mod? 

That, and whether or not you like my attitude really has zero bearing on me. 

Edited by E4Grunt

Thanks for your kind word E4Grunt, that's looks over saturated (in your opinion) because i use reshade, do you play CMBN? for me the stock colors need some adjustment but as Earl grey said that color shots is my taste but im sorry if it's not make some ppl happy with the colors but they can tweak to their own taste with reshade sweetfx to less saturate or edit those bmp file with psp and that's pretty easy  :)

@Fizou
hope i can complete it this week (if my mood going well :D ) and thanks for your support mate!

here some more...and some skirts for PzIV :)

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2013-12-
CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2013-14-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2013-12-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2016-15-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2015-50-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2022-19-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2022-41-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2022-37-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2022-41-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-06-24%2022-54-

Edited by --WOKI--

Oh, so we're only supposed to reply if we like a mod?

I my country there is a saying: "if you haven´t got anything nice to say, say nothing at all".

whether or not you like my attitude really has zero bearing on me. 

Don´t count too much on that. An attitude like yours gets noticed around here.

On the subject of saturation have you actually tried these mods in the game your self?  I ask because 1) I have not because (I am very happy with my current set of mods) and 2) to my eye the screen shots he is posting appear to have a extra saturation and sharpening over all.  In other words it is not his mods that are giving that look it is his treatment of the screen captures.  As far as I can tell the vehicles compare with the surroundings so I would not expect there would be an over saturated look in the game.

As with many things expressing a negative criticism needs to be done with some thought.  Might I suggest something more like:

"I find the look of these mods to be highly saturated. Have you tried out versions that are less saturated?"

That way you give your feed back without coming across as a - you know.  It all depends on your goal - if you want to give they guy a suggestion and see if he might want to try something a bit different then put on the kid gloves.  If you want to come across as a - you know - then you already know what to do.

Or how about just saying, "not my taste but its great that you mod". I love em WOKI so keep it up! Moders are such a important part of CM and I think anyone that makes the effort and shares should be applauded even if everything is not to once personal taste.