Having trouble dealing with mods that are in Adobe Reader file

I am currently modding my new FI game and have been able to install " CRDownload " files but I am running across many mods that are " Adobe Reader " files and they won't work and I can't open them so wondering what the situation is about them.

Any info would be helpful as at this point I just flat can't use those mods and there are really some great ones available.  

FYI- I tired installing them in my mod folder and Z folder but won't work in either.  All my mods that work which are the CRdownload ones are in my Z folder.  

I only have the CMFI game in case that makes a diff but wouldn't think so.  

Thanks

Adobe Reader files are not mods. The reader files may contain pictures/previews/instructions regarding mods. But Adobe Reader files are not used by the CM game. Mods are usually .bmp files, but they can also be sound files (wav, I think). In more rare cases the mods are .mdr files.

Edit:

Perhaps if you tell us which mods and files you are talking about and where you got them, we might be able to sort this out.

Edited by umlaut

Hi Umlaut.  Thanks for the reply.  I have deleted all of the files I had trouble with but here's one that I still had so it may help.  It's " Ranger patch for base game scenarios " by sfhand date Mat 30, 2013.  

Hopefully this will help you.  I hope so cause it's very puzzling.  Thanks for the help.  

Most everyone of your initial downloaded items will be folders tnat are compressed as zip or rar.

Uncompress them using the appropriate software, right click and see if you already have the capability on your PC.

BEFORE they uncompress, make note of where they will go.

USUALLY they will then be mostly the mod files that are altered images that are files named with the ending .bmp which are bitmap format image files.

You also might have a readme file as a text file, word file or adobe pdf to open and read what it says.

But I looked at this ranger one and the modder packed it back into a .brz folder.

It is a long story but I don't like to do that but oh well.

No matter, shove it in your z folder. It should work.

Then you gotta go into the game and purchase some rangers and see if you can tell it is a different look.

See if you even like it! Because the modder did not provide a preview shot in the suppository. :D

Maybe take a screenshot before and after?

Just checked the mods you were talking about, Lee. When I download, unpack and then rezexplode the brz-file, the mod contains 2 files

smod_american_m41-tropical-ranger_uniform and smod_american_m41-tropical-ranger_uniform 2

Both are bmp files.

Perhaps your computer shows either the unpacked .rar files or the rezpacked .brz files as having an Adobe symbol?

Note, that the .rar files have to be unpacked before you place them in your mods folder. They .brz files don´t. They are rezpacked to save space on your computer and only need to be rezexploded (unpacked) if you want to see or alter the .bmp files inside.

Hey Dennis! I sent a PM to the OP (Lee) and waddya know..he lives like within an hour of me. So I plan to do a phone call tech assist and try to get all his problems resolved to the best of my ability. But of course you have helped and the final invoice I give him will include your usual fee...still only in Euro? Or can he as a Texan pay in dried habanero peppers? :D

Thanks gents for the help.  I'll try to take a look at your suggestions but counting on Kohlenklan to do the work for me as this stuff is so far over my head it's not funny.  Example I have no idea about default opening programs nor anything about rezexplode files so yeah pretty pitiful I know. :( 

I do appreciate the help.  Just wish I was more knowledgeable so I could keep up my end but thanks never the less.