Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The gods of war are not fair.

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

Well after playing the CC4 demo and cringing at the mere stupidity of it, I must say that I have been really lucky to find that there still are companies out there that listen to the little guy.

I must also wonder how it is that a company who has much more in the line of resources and marketing power can get so obliterated when it comes to putting out a quality game.

Now you look at Talonsoft, Atomic Games, SSI, and many other companies that put out such a line of garbage on a regular basis. SSI did such a wonderful job with making changes to Steel Panthers and SP2, I really expected them to advance their products along with the scope of technology. But they got too big, and now they put out another garbage game like PG3D Assault. Atomic Games seemed on the right track with CC2, and CC3 was fun, but now they have seemed to totally disregard realism all-together. And Talonsoft sold out to Take Two, and now has gotten away from good wargames(Except for TOAW 1 & 2) even after they signed 3 of the best game programmers around. I mean maybe even BOB is a decent game, but there was a lot to be desired there. And Sierra has not put out anything worth buying accept for SWAT 3 in years, and find a game they have made that was ever supported until completion?

Well, I guess the point I am trying to make is that it doesnt seem to make sense that a company such as yourselves makes a better game while spending less in production than the crappy games spend on the marketing of their product.

I hope for our sakes(the customers) that you guys always realize that you cannot put your product ahead of the concerns of the consumer. If you do, you will just be another Sierra in the making.

Ray

Gotta disagree with you on Sierra.

Ceasar III and Pharoah have to be two of the best strategy games around.

But other then that series. I wholeheartidly agree. I tried CCIV and I love the series. I got really excited when I heard that it was based on the Battle of the Bulge. I really love playing the germans. The graphics were good and everything was OK until I tried to move my tank across the bridge. EWWWWWW...I won't even go into it. Then I tried my half tracks and other vehicles.

I am disgusted. One of the best strategy series (hey...we have ALL tried them) and they let it go to pot! I never thought I would actually not get a Close Combat game, but this is it. The most annoying, stupid and requested problem to be fixed and it is worse than ever!!!

They won't get full price on me for this game. It is really ashame.

BTW. Combat Mission is okay. Maybe the full version or the real demo will change my mind, but not being able to gauge your progress by at least a body count or accurate numbers is frustrating and disorienting. They sure aren't listening to us on that.

But hey, I ain't got to buy it either. Somebody will make this type of game right someday.

[This message has been edited by Moonpie (edited 11-23-99).]

Moonpie,

Have you heard of the intermediate level of FOW that was put in cause of demand?

In it once you spot a unit you get FULL info on it (this would allow you to do ALL the accurate headcounts you want for feedback).

IOW.. Ooh, they listened wink.gif

PS. In my considered opinion you'll be waiting a long time for someone else to take this and "do it right" realistically. Unrealistically sure but not realistically.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers