Whats the best approach for clearing with infantry in MOUT

Pat O

If there is any resources on this please link. 

Pat, Just in case you (or others) didn't see this tag / link.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118142-help-with-urban-combat-tactics/

This link has a lot of good info and comments to add to the ones already in this thread. With all this info you should be able to get a good base for a MOUT TACSOP and then modify it over time with lessons learned.  

One of the most useful things I did to learn the game mechanics (besides reading the forum) was to use the scenario editor to set up different training courses.  It can be fairly easy to do.  For a MOUT course just load a quick battle map that has a small or medium urban area.  Re-name (something like MOUT training) and save it into the scenario file.  Then you can open it and modify it for your MOUT training purposes.

Now when I come across an interesting tip on MOUT I can quick load up my MOUT training scenario and generally in a few minutes try out the tip and decide if I want to incorporate the tip into my MOUT TACSOP.

Good luck.         

These are all amazing tips and ideas. The one thing I have learned though, is even if you collapse the building, you need to be aware of survivors. Seems a little unrealistic, that anybody could survive having a building collapse on them and then be in any sort of shape to open fire as your guys approach. But it's happened to me a few times, so just one more thing to be aware of.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Honestly, blasting out a building with AFVs/tanks is always performable to storming the said building.  Its been done in Iraq, and they do it in Syria as well.  Roll the tanks up, and if you even get a funny feeling that someone you don't like is in the building, say "Hi!" with HE rounds.  Afterwards you can mop up with troops.  Honestly I only ever send in troops without massive prep fire from tanks/AFVs when I'm in a desperate rush (ie, rarely) because too much can and generally will go wrong.

These are all amazing tips and ideas. The one thing I have learned though, is even if you collapse the building, you need to be aware of survivors. Seems a little unrealistic, that anybody could survive having a building collapse on them and then be in any sort of shape to open fire as your guys approach. But it's happened to me a few times, so just one more thing to be aware of.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Many times. It's because most buildings can't be collapsed in reality like they can be in the game. Having everyone die all of sudden when a building goes boom basically turns buildings into bombs and your enemy has the detonator. The CMx1 games actually did work like that and people quickly learned that the most dangerous type of cover was inside of a building, which turns reality on its head.

CMBS has one tactical issue that isn't in the WWII titles. The previous games the independent building types typically had blank sides to houses without windows. In the real world this was due to fireplaces & chimneys at the building ends. This allowed your unit to approach a building unobserved. In CMBS many of the indi buildings have a central chimney and windows on all four sides. Approaching unobserved becomes problematic. So pay attention to window placement in buildings.

Another difference from WWII. The CMBS indi buildings, I believe, are considered to be modern stick construction wood buildings. In CMBN and CMFI they're stonework construction. So the CMBS buildings should be more porous to incoming fire. On the flip side, everyone's carrying small bullet carbines which have reduced wall penetration. So if you want to suppress the occupants of a building bring up your 7.62 mmg team to rake the building with fire. They'll be more effective than popping away with 5.56. 

Edited by MikeyD

Man Churches are such a figure of defense in most BN/FI schemes that I almost always use them as the epicenter of pre-mission area bombardments. I get the impression big enough churches just shrug off hits from anything less than 75mm. God's house indeed.