Hey guys,

firstly I like to thank you for your awesome game. It's real fun to play! Thanks to Hyazinth von Strachwitz for his AARs in the Strategycon-forum you have an additional fan now. ^^

But now to my problem. I have persistent bug which appears sometimes in Storm over Europe if I move a unit somewhere east of Hungary/Poland or end a turn while this area is still on screen. The failure report says: FAILED(draw_unit_to_text_buffer_dc): Segmentation Violation

Any idea how I could get rid of this? It's quite annoying and has stopped my ambitions to conquer Russia until now...

Hi Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, can you tell me if you are running the latest patch for the game?

This can be found in the downloads/patches area of the Battlefront site.

Also, can you try running the game 'not' in FULL SCREEN mode to see if that helps... this can be accessed in the SETTINGS screen of the game.

Hubert

Hey!

It *should* be the latest patch version, just bought the game a week ago and patched right after installing. Any way to check on the version, a checksum or something? Eventually I would try a complete reinstallation, wouldn't be the problem.

I would like to avoid to play not in fullscreen. I don't like that, but I will give it a try.

By the way, I noticed the crash now appears the moment I take a look at Romania...very strange.

Great to hear and yes, it should fit the whole screen it just won't run in an accelerated full screen mode that seems to cause issues like this... and usually only on Windows 8.

Funny...as I use Windows 7 with latest updates and Aero Desktop funtion enabled. Might be that Aero Desktop ist the issue as NOW SCWWI is shown when I tab through the opened programs, before it wasn't.

One additional question...can I use my one version on multiple computers? I have a laptop and would like to play my saves there too. I just activated SCWWI succesfully on the laptop but I'm not at home and wouldn't like to see my version on the desktop pc deactivated when I come home. xD