Ok, Lets Clear this Up RIGHT FREAKING NOW!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

ONE! I don't work for BTS, and my efforts at CMHQ won't effect the release of Combat Mission in the slightest! So if I spend all my free time (which I do anyway!) on CMHQ in the end it won't matter one little bit to Charles and Steve. They will release CM when they are damn good and ready! And thats the way it should be!

TWO! Well pardon the snot outa me if I didn't get the update posted as earlier as some would like it! If whats-his-name would have checked the site instead of posting here he may have noticed that as of 9:30 EST CMHQ WAS UPDATED!!!

Now I don't get angry easy but when I come on-line to post my daily update and I see two different messages (now I know how Fionn musta felt wink.gif) ripping on either me or my work, yea I get a little PISSED! frown.gif

So do me a favor and THINK before you post and learn a little common COURTESY...By the way this was intended for a VERY select few, the mass majority of people have been supportive and very kind and I do appologize for the lateness of tonights update...

Go check it out...There are some new Arnhem Pictures up...

Have fun...whatever... frown.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Merry Christmas Madmatt and have a Happy New Year!

Post when you wish to post.

Fionn, write cool educational stuff when you please.

Steve and Charles, no sleep for you until CM is done! (Did I say that? Naaaah, just kidding!)

Jonathan

------------------

For the last time, you don't need antibiotics!

The one true advantage that chatting

in the IRC has over these boards is that

you can put annoying people on your personal

/ignore - List

and never see them again.

Cool down Matt,

noone ( <font size="-2">worth mentioning</font>) is attacking you. keep up the good work.

------------------

<"let's nuke the site from orbit!">

Guest Madmatt

Lindan,

Heehee you guys all seem to forget my handle, I am MADMATT after all! wink.gif You think I just picked that name at random?!? smile.gif I have been living up to that title for over 20 years now and intend on doing so until waaayyy in the future...

Madmatt...half pissed off at the world for over 30 years and no end in sight! wink.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

p.s. I see that you have gotten the hang of the UBB codes (well at least you can subscript!) biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-28-99).]

Guest Madmatt

Well of course I am not making excuses for the way I am or the name, but as a big (overweight) kid growing up there is one particulary hurtful word that rymes with Matt which I heard time and time again. Tends to discolor ones opinion of the world around ya know? Of course I took that anger, built my girth into muscle and started thumping people for a living! smile.gif

Now I got a real day job and a computer and its all coming back again! Heheee of course now I have the money to just knock people off! wink.gif No more messing with getting my hands all dirty...

Madmatt insane and built to stay that way! biggrin.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Steve

Get a sense of Humor... wink.gif

Madmatt

p.s. perhaps you guys have forgotten I used to be a bouncer! Thats what I was refering to.

It's all just fun and games until somebody forgets it was all fun and games! smile.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Matt,

It seems Manieri is 16.. That kind of says it all eh? No offence Manieri but it DOES explain a lot of the impatience etc we're seeing.

Anyways some thing I've learnt from this forum which I'll pass on...

1. Once you put your head above the parapet all manner of people just choose to attack it for no other reason than you put your head above the parapet.

2. Some people will actually give out to you for getting angry about these attacks (e.g. Steven Smith).

3. MOST people won't lift a finger to help you if you're under attack and seem to either think it's ok for you to be attacked or don't have the moral courage to do anything.

4. Only a very few will do anything to support you. Notice who these people are.

My advice is this...

Do everything you can for the 4th group, do NOTHING at all, ever for the 1st and 2nd groups and don't do anything for the 3rd group if it takes any time away from your day or spending time with your significant other etc.

Groups 1-3 have condemned themselves by their actions or inaction. There aren't many people in the 4th group but there are enough to make it worthwhile.

My personal pet peeve are the guys who snipe at you but don't have the guts to come out and say anything to your face ( e.g Maschendrahtzaun a few threads below which is obviously a pseudonym for someone on the forum who doesn't have the moral fortitude to stand by his statements publicly).

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

[This message has been edited by Fionn (edited 12-28-99).]

Group # 5 Fionn; 'Tom' or other people like him who wander around in an aimless daze and feel it rather pointless or useless to defend other people or don't feel it will particularly accomplish anything smile.gif

In all seriousness though Fionn, you can not categorize people quite as easily as that. I *know* who matters with regard to this game. Some I'm in email contact with. Others, I've sparred with good naturedly on this board or on Usenet. I just don't have the energy to blast into someone for any reason other than self defense. Even then it accomplishes little.

Tom

I've been away from the board for a while and I don't like some of what I'm seeing here.

Madmatt, Fionn & Co. -- keep up the good work at CMHQ and on this site. I have enjoyed both immensely and find your advice most helpful.

As for the whiners, snipers and cranks out there ... ignore them if you can. wink.gif they're not worth your time or trouble.

------------------

Guest Madmatt

Ahh, to be honest the opinions of most people on this forum don't really affect me in the least! Sometimes its just fun to ruffle the feathers a bit! smile.gif Even if they are mine. wink.gif I have no hard feeling for anyone here, now lets get back and play some more Combat Mission!

Madmatt out..

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Capt_Manieri

Thanks for coming to my rescue, Fionn......

*my hero!!!!* smile.gif

Anyways, the comments really don't bother me, but even though I'm 16 I understand a good bit about human nature. My parents always say that the majority of people are PISSY as hell. If you do something different or say something the wrong way or look at them the wrong way....they'll go psycho. The same goes for some people at this board. (RE: people calling people sickos for wanting a beach combat scenario where a lot of units are lost) just general things like that. As long as anyone at the board doesn't effect my life, DIRECTLY, I really don't care.

~Captain