Missing Tank Commanders?

I was experimenting with some formations for Canada and when I looked over the units I discovered that some tanks (Fireflies, Stuart's, Cromwell AA) were all missing their commander.

Now I know the firefly is not supposed to have 5, the manual explained that nicely. It should have 4. The manual even shows it to have 4. But several British and Canadian ones lack the commander. Is this intended (and it's a deviation from the manual to boot). I cannot Open Up these selected vehicles as they lack the dude in charge.

Has he run off for tea?

In game:

IMG_1092.PNG

In manual:

IMG_1093.PNG

Edited by Bud_B

I did some looking around and noticed that if the Fireflys are part of the TOE of a unit purchased for a quick battle they have the tank commander.  However if the firefly is purchased as a single vehicle no tank commander.  I attempted a forum search for missing tank commanders but could not locate anything useful.  Also, just curious, are you finding this in a scenario?  I noticed your tank crew was assigned to an AI group.  I am not very familiar with commonwealth TOE and at this point can't think of a good explanation for this especially since it seems to contradict the manual.      

Firefly%20in%20TOE_zpsqhmoynar.jpg

Firefly%20in%20purchase_zpsfu5syqzz.jpg

Okay I finally searched the correct words.  Seems maybe it is a bug.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/116946-sherman-firefly-crew-bug/?hl=firefly

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Thanks, mate!

I was initially purchasing singletons in a QB. Then I went and did the same in the editor, after doublechecking I had not accidentally set the units to be missing men.

I didn't find anything with a search at first either.

The only talked about fireflies in that thread so I cross referenced this one as it mentions the others.

Thank you for digging into it. :)

Edited by Bud_B

LOL, I thought I would check and see if it was already there but could not find any sign of it - oops.  Glad you are watching too Ken.

I should play around and see if it happens to any other vehicles but I that will have to wait until later.  Need coffee first :)

Edited by IanL

That is supposed to be a secret, I think you just violated your NDA.  By the way when are you gonna join us down at the tiki hut bar lounge?  This all expense paid trip to research a  possible pacific theater game is so cool.. oh crap, did I just put this on the outer forum?

Yeah, when I read the thread I saw someone calling it a bug I was actually looking to see what it's status was and discovered I could not find the report. Oops.

There is a report. Search under "jeffsmith". It is marked as resolved but it only mentions Fireflies.

Probably a cross over in expectation "someone else" was reporting it. We aren't paid and we do take holidays. :D

btw, I am not expecting "volunteers" to do this...but it was stated as reported and then shows up.  Its on BFC for the very scatter=shot approach to bug reporting.

I thought I saw someone saw that it was actually reported.  So is it still showing up?

btw, I am not expecting "volunteers" to do this...but it was stated as reported and then shows up.  Its on BFC for the very scatter=shot approach to bug reporting.

I thought I saw someone saw that it was actually reported.  So is it still showing up?

There hasn't been a patch released for CMBN since the original report.

So true, c3k.

My wife may have had me reported, but she hasn't had me fixed.

There are some who would question that...  :)

"Please, dear, can I have them tonight? The other fellas say their wives are letting them go out with theirs." ;)

Too funny, c3k.

For the record, my wife keeps mine on the mantle. Just her way of reminding me who's the boss.

Let this be a warning to all you single guys. "Growing a pair" is not as easy as you might think. My advice to you: RUN!

Edited by BLSTK

• 5 months later...

Missing Firefly Commanders - Any Updates - Any Work Arounds??

I've only recently noticed this bug, has anybody tried a clean install (something I try to avoid).  It's a pain in the posterior to have to purchase a large formation and then strip everything but the HQ & the Fireflys out just to gain fully functional units.

That pain in the posterior is hardly limited to Fireflies though. Maybe there'll be a patch around the time (i.e. after) Bulge gets its post-release 1.01 patch to fix things the entire userbase find that no practicable beta could detect. To be clear: first, Bulge has to have its 1.0; don't think that talking about a 1.01 means you've somehow missed the base family release... It's just that BFC often use the advent of a new family (and work done to make that iteration of the game better) to spread fixes across all the existing families.