Can A Player Using V2 Play Against Another Using V3?

So here's my deal...

I'm using v2 right now and have a game with another guy still using v2.

I also have a new opponent using v3. Curiously, the file is not shown on my game screen and he thinks this is why. Is it?

Now, I have no problem upgrading to v3 but I'm worried about what will happen with my other opponent still using v2. Will this make it impossible for us to play?

So here's my deal...

I'm using v2 right now and have a game with another guy still using v2.

I also have a new opponent using v3. Curiously, the file is not shown on my game screen and he thinks this is why. Is it?

Now, I have no problem upgrading to v3 but I'm worried about what will happen with my other opponent still using v2. Will this make it impossible for us to play?

You can't play with someone using another version of the game.

I have a fair number of games going at any one time and I have used both strategies. Having two versions of a game installed is pretty smooth really. The only issue is with Windows on titles other than CMBN. Those games share the Game Files directory and so you have to be careful and not open the older game files with the newer install.

I have had very good luck but not 100% with upgrading. I would not hesitate doing it but I would have a plan to keep the older install around just in case.