Infantry squad firing AT rockets at enemy infantry

Recently I've obseved strange behavior of my infantry squad. It was engaging in firefight with enemy squad. Antitank guy has first loaded and launched OG-7 frag rockets which was absolutely logical. But then he fired AT rocket at enemy squad. That has puzzled me a lot because he had "HE rockets" in inventory.

Should the be considered as a bug or it is legitimate (whilst stupid) infantry behavior?

Recently I've obseved strange behavior of my infantry squad. It was engaging in firefight with enemy squad. Antitank guy has first loaded and launched OG-7 frag rockets which was absolutely logical. But then he fired AT rocket at enemy squad. That has puzzled me a lot because he had "HE rockets" in inventory.

Should the be considered as a bug or it is legitimate (whilst stupid) infantry behavior?

I honestly can't remember seeing a single Russian RPG team with more than one OG-7 in this game. Are you sure that they had extra ones? Moreover, did they fire the AT (I guess PG-7VL) rocket at an enemy infantry that was out in the open or inside some cover. I can see a point being made that HEAT RPG munitions are more effective against infantry inside buildings and fortifications...

Infantry left with freedom will fire all its weapons to the enemy. If they have more than one rocket and an RPG be sure they will shoot that too.

In order to avoid this, either:

-use a cover arc (armor)

-detatch an AT team from your unit

-order a target light command

If I understand correctly, he means that the infantry aren't prioritising their HE rockets when they have them against infantry.  This might be a good idea, as if you knock out the infantry you have more left for armour.  Is this with the 1.03 patch?

Edited by fireship4

If I understand correctly, he means that the infantry aren't prioritising their HE rockets when they have them against infantry.  This might be a good idea, as if you knock out the infantry you have more left for armour.  Is this with the 1.03 patch?

Nope, that was 1.01

It's been that way since BN 1.0, as far as I can tell. If your US rifle squad's M7 rifle grenadier has a HEAT rifle grenade icon in the squad inventory box, he'll use that first by preference, even if the target is in soft cover. Weapon choice decisions could do with some tinkering.

Haven't obsetved this in 1.03 still.

Anyway, I don't like my infantry wasting AT rockets against enemy infantry in covered in buildings. They have enought capabilities to supress and destroy soft targets without wasting precious AT warheas.

Haven't obsetved this in 1.03 still.

Anyway, I don't like my infantry wasting AT rockets against enemy infantry in covered in buildings. They have enought capabilities to supress and destroy soft targets without wasting precious AT warheas.

Sometimes it's appropriate to give an element Target Light command; they won't fire their HE then. No way of stopping them electing to use their rockets if you leave the TacAI to pick its own targets, though.