Black Sea v1.03 released!

Well, first thing is that there's no such thing, we have seen BMP-3 featuring various packages (mainly for export pourposes), such as the ERA package or the Arena (APS) setup. There's simply no record of a BMP-3 fitted with all the systems mentioned.

From a technical point of view I see just a few constraints because of sensor/munitions positioning. The ERA around the turret doesn't fit well with an APS such as the Arena, which requires a sorrounding ring of munitions. The Shtora and its sensors have little space on top of the turret, and the turret sides with an ERA package or APS (again) don't give much room for them.

Maybe something like this will come in a future module, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this.

Arena and Shtora fit together in impossible because of turret clutter. However, a version with ERA covering on the hull, and either Arena or Shtora equipped turret would feasibly be possible. If theres a BMP-3 id like to see it would be one with an optics upgrade or the CITV.

I see, so there are compatibility problems in terms of fitting all three at once.

But, I still think we also need a BMP3 with Arena and ERA and one with Shtora and ERA, just for balance reasons.

I've read countless times how people call the BMP-3 a glasscannon - it's firepower is impressive, but so is it's explosive reactions to being with by anything above 50. cal.

I agree with you Stagler, a version with improved optics, which someone has posted info about in one of the other thread I believe, is needed for the Russians to add a bit more balance spotting-wise.

I see, so there are compatibility problems in terms of fitting all three at once.

But, I still think we also need a BMP3 with Arena and ERA and one with Shtora and ERA, just for balance reasons.

I've read countless times how people call the BMP-3 a glasscannon - it's firepower is impressive, but so is it's explosive reactions to being with by anything above 50. cal.

I agree with you Stagler, a version with improved optics, which someone has posted info about in one of the other thread I believe, is needed for the Russians to add a bit more balance spotting-wise.

The one from Army Expo 2015 looked promising, but for the sake of realism and what has actually been done in number before BMP-3M with Bakchka-U turret with independent CITV would be more likely fit. If we see more of those upgraded platforms from Army Expo 2015 then addition may be a thing if BF choose not to go down the new generation kit path.

Edited by Stagler