Black Sea v1.03 released!

In the games I am playing post patch, Javs still do a number on Russian armor.  With the M1A2's w/APS being so expensive the next best thing is to go Jav heavy to counter Russian armor threats.  The US player can no longer rely on precision arty rounds or M1A2's w/APS to win battles.  

Did you expect different Javelin behaviour?  Just checking.

I do not see that much difference in the ability of precision rounds to take out enemy vehicles.  I always used three rounds at a time any way.  Using three precision rounds still pretty much guarantees a mission kill just like before. And M1s can still kill anything even without APS - they are just more vulnerable to other threats.

I do not see that much difference in the ability of precision rounds to take out enemy vehicles.  I always used three rounds at a time any way.  Using three precision rounds still pretty much guarantees a mission kill just like before. And M1s can still kill anything even without APS - they are just more vulnerable to other threats.

No I did not.  Just saying that the increased price/rarity for APS makes Javs all that more appealing.

I noticed that an infantry team can now remove the 2A28 73mm gun from the BRM-1K.

And that BMP-2M has BMP-2 model LOD at a close distance.

Don't know if these have already been reported though.

The BMP-2M problem has been reported, I would make a thread in tech support about that BRM issue.

I thought a battery could only fire one gun when firing precision rounds. Or are you saying you fire three batteries at a time on one target? 

I thought a battery could only fire one gun when firing precision rounds. Or are you saying you fire three batteries at a time on one target? 

One round per gun.  So a precision mission with six guns will fire all six guns at the same target.  Usually three is enough, although a full six is fun if you just really hate something.  

One round per gun.  So a precision mission with six guns will fire all six guns at the same target.  Usually three is enough, although a full six is fun if you just really hate something.

Well, that is handy to know. I misunderstood the manual. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that an infantry team can now remove the 2A28 73mm gun from the BRM-1K.

And that BMP-2M has BMP-2 model LOD at a close distance.

Don't know if these have already been reported though.

but wat does removing the gun do??? i removed it and it doesnt show up in their equipmenr nor doesnit show in their weapons. im also stil have issuesnwith bmps in this case Bmp3s with era using the wrong weapon. in about five cases in a battle with nidan bmps 500-1500 meters frm abrams used their autocannon and were obliterated or used it then switched to the at4 at the last moment and lost LoS..

.tho very proud of myself this battle. i thought khriz was fire.and forget. gjess not it salvoed at am abrams got ko.d the missiles dived into dirt. but a t90 killed my first two ever abrams kills as russians by popping in N outta smoke at very close range and gttn flank shots. the laser warning thing is a bitch tho the tsnk automatically pops smoke and turns tk target so ur crew has to shoot fast and kf they have sense (wish we had sops) pop smoke n reverse

Edited by Sublime

• 2 weeks later...

Bmp3s with era using the wrong weapon. in about five cases in a battle with nidan bmps 500-1500 meters frm abrams used their autocannon and were obliterated or used it then switched to the at4 at the last moment and lost LoS..

It's a tough call because the TacAI doesn't know if the Abrams has APS or not. If it does have APS then autocannon is the better choice. In general the TacAI seems to usually assume that vehicles that can have APS do have it.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

A v1.03 Demo is very low priority for us. As was stated above, the demo exists to allow people to decide if they like it and to make sure it runs on their computer. v1.02 has what it takes to do that.

Erwin, there's very little of that. Generally it's restricted to weapons that are designed to be dismounted by the crews riding in them. That's generally ATGM and HMGs, sometimes AGL. If it's in a light vehicle with a weapons team, that's a good sign, if it is anything other than that then probably not.

Steve

That's a common problem when you install from a folder containing other Combat Mission files (from other games); names get mixed up during installation. Re-install CMBS and make sure you don't have files from other CM games in the same directory of origin.

More here

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118211-after-the-patchmixed-up-game/

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

I have problems DLing the patch. I start the DL, it says usually about 50 minutes left, and after about a third of the time has passed it stops. I have attempted it at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks, and always with the same result. I also tried using a downloadmanager but, it doesnt work either, same problem. Any ideas what i should do now?