Black Sea v1.03 released!

One thing for sure BMPs are now nasty .. A BMP-2M got 4 bradleys before being killed by a lowly AT-4 in the last turn. The gunner and thé infantry commander survived to receive the praise. All medium to long range cannon kills. Another got 2. It was 8 against 8 . 6-3 for the BMP-2M against the Bradleys. It was usually the contrary before the patch. In another game, BMP-2Ms killed 2 Abrams and heavily damaged/mission killed another two.

Edited by antaress73

I have noticed the same.

runs same on my pc (gtx 970  +4690k 3.9ghz turbo boost) ,

i decided to play all cm games on fastest or faster and  /Improved textures, aa: off ,vs:off, High priority process:off (gives smoother keyboard/mouse reaction). i was looking at 3 battalions (US) and i had 60-40 fps, its totally different feeling. giving orders in 60 fps, smoothness outweights 'bad' graphics. 

This game's realistic settings is faster models and maybe best textures (not sure about how much we can push textures yet), AA is Luxury here  ,should be off, not to mention supersampling, thats sci fi. VS and other minor things dont count for much in most cases

i see same pattern everywhere, developers (and i am not attacking them) want to have beautiful games , but in reality they cant (unless you think 15-35 fps is playable) , i can understand that , but from now on i ll just play realistically , on fastest/faster + improved.

FPS > graphics 

Gameplay>looks 

Edited by Lacroix

Could someone please confirm that the BMP-2M model works 100% right in 1.3 patch?

The modernized equipment looks transparent to me, might be something about my mod but removing it doesn't solve the problem, so I'd like to ask you here if your BMP-2M model looks correct.

Reported here : http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119440-13-patch-and-bmp-2m/#entry1605517

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Could someone please confirm that the BMP-2M model works 100% right in 1.3 patch?

The modernized equipment looks transparent to me, might be something about my mod but removing it doesn't solve the problem, so I'd like to ask you here if your BMP-2M model looks correct.

Reported here : http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119440-13-patch-and-bmp-2m/#entry1605517

I confirm. Bmp-2M becomes a vanilla bmp+-2 when you get closer than 10 meters or less. I reinstalled your mod to no avail.

Edited by antaress73

Looks like the first LOD got switched out, probably an inadvertent result of some other correction made to BMP-2 family models.  Shadows use another LOD, so that is why they still appear.

One thing for sure BMPs are now nasty .. A BMP-2M got 4 bradleys before being killed by a lowly AT-4 in the last turn. The gunner and thé infantry commander survived to receive the praise. All medium to long range cannon kills. Another got 2. It was 8 against 8 . 6-3 for the BMP-2M against the Bradleys. It was usually the contrary before the patch. In another game, BMP-2Ms killed 2 Abrams and heavily damaged/mission killed another two.

Thank God!  Finally, realism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this a bugg?

No, the gameplay balance for those vhicles was fixed with this patch. BMP's are now supposedly more on par with their real world performances. Antaress played it right and was able to score a very good result with his BMP's while it was harder to do so before the patch.

I can't say if the way vehicles perform is similar to real life counterparts or not since I have no exprtise in that field. Someone more knowledgable will have to jump in on this one.

The change in ammunition type for the BMP-2M is a key feature. Before the patch the BMP-2M had very hard time penetrating a Bradley front armor, while the BMP-3 favoured shooting AT missiles to enemy IFVs at most ranges. The changes made the BMP-2M capable of penetrating Bradley with ease and the BMP-3 now favours its best weapon to deal against enemy IFVs, the 30mm gun. Therefore BMPs now are much more lethal than before.

And the infantry commander manning the panoramic sight now communicates the info to the gunner instantly.. Greatly improving spotting and engaging times. A BMP-2m or BMP-3 lying in ambush against moving Bradleys or M1s will now usually get the jump on them

Edited by antaress73

I noticed that the ammo count for the Stryker 40mm Grenade Launcher overlaps with the title of that ammo. I cannot see the amount of ammo that it currently has for that weapon. Were other ammo types given expanded names that now conflict with the amount of ammo?

A company of M1A2s (14 tanks, including 5 with APS) frontal attack over 3.5-4km of open steppe terrain.. 3 krizanthemas hull-down on a hill... they kill 6 M1A2s.. damage another and the crew bails out.. 7 are left... The Kriz lose two (Ihad to move them a little and they got detected) and the remaining retreats downhill because no more ammo (but 4 kills). 20 T-90AMs who were waiting at the bottom of the hill get into hull down positions.. 7 were hit over the course of the battle by M829A4s where there is relikt coverage .. only one penetrated. A T-90AM survived two hits on the frontal upper hull because of relikt. It is very effective at 3.5km (6 out of 7 rounds stopped). I lost three T-90AM (two weapons mount penetrations and a relikt fail). They killed the remaining M1A2s. When lased they had time to back off and get out of harm's way ... Two had their 7.62mm mount destroyed by sabot rounds (close call). Shoot and scoot. 

The russians were typical (some green crews,  many regulars, and 1-2 veteran). The US were also typical ( a few crack, many veterans and a few regulars). Total tally for that US frontal attack long range slugfest at 3.5km... 13 US tanks destroyed, one mission kill and abandoned and 1 Bradley for 2 Kriz and 3 T-90AMs destroyed. The T-90AMs won 7-3 at that range against the M1s. 

The russians were definitely broken before patch 1.03. Now they are nasty. Who needs the Armata ? They just upgrade the 900 T-90As to the AM standard (like they said they would do, read that on a russian site) and they should be okay.

Edited by antaress73

My opponent thought he could M1 me to death ;) Sometimes luck plays a role but you need to make the odds work in your favor. You need specific conditions for the Russians to be dominant but they can be ! But before the patch I would have had a much harder time with Relikt bugged and all.

Edited by antaress73