The Peng Challenge Thread: Some one get me a drink, and tell me what's going on, eh?

'White man speak with forked tongue.'

Well, yes. In fact, this is an extremely astute observation of a man and the language he uses.

'Doublespeak', '.govspeak', Orwell and the dystopias,

The Tower of Babel and the inefficiencies inherent

in complex, multiple-meanings language.

- what the collapse in the structure of [in]efficiencies

underpins. Commerce, for example.

Tho', there is a realised value in the conveyance of double (or even more) meanings, /s

and sometimes that value is negative

'White man speak with forked tongue.' Irony, scope, understanding and wisdom. Perspective. Likely outcome.

Hi y'all

On September 4, 2016 at 1:39 AM, dalem said:

Ren fair with Seanachai today.  Very sleepy.

It's rough, being the King of the Cesspool.

The next time you describe yourself as the 'King of the Cesspool', I will come to your fecking house and kill you with a hand axe.  This will be easy, because I have a key to your goddamn house, which you gave me,  your dog is dead (he wouldn't have barked at me, in any case, because he and I were buddies), and I HAVE A FECKING HAND AXE!

This is like watching this one stray cat in my neighborhood.  The things is about as mangy, beat up and decrepit as... oh jeez.. maybe Boo.  Anyway I keep waiting to find this thing dead in my yard some morning, flys all buzzing around it and the flea infested carcass stinking up my lawn.  I'll probably do with it what someone should have done with this thread long ago- toss it in the frickin neighbors yard who insists on feeding it.  It would actually spruce up House Rune.

This cosh temple of idolatry; teeming with bedswervers and blashy drink, stewarded by knights indistinguishable from jesters.  What place is this?  You amuse me.  I shall return to pay homage to your king in a fortnight when the flora of Mendota hath gently laid itself to rest upon the divine floor of my homeland which the Dakota calls cloudy water.

On 9/11/2016 at 11:58 PM, sburke said:

This is like watching this one stray cat in my neighborhood.  The things is about as mangy, beat up and decrepit as... oh jeez.. maybe Boo.  Anyway I keep waiting to find this thing dead in my yard some morning, flys all buzzing around it and the flea infested carcass stinking up my lawn.  I'll probably do with it what someone should have done with this thread long ago- toss it in the frickin neighbors yard who insists on feeding it.  It would actually spruce up House Rune.

Not "maybe Boo".

That describes both this thread and Boo. 

Boo, I'm back, send a turn - your punishment must continue.

Noba.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 20, 2016 at 4:28 PM, TheForwardObserver said:

This cosh temple of idolatry; teeming with bedswervers and blashy drink, stewarded by knights indistinguishable from jesters.  What place is this?  You amuse me.  I shall return to pay homage to your king in a fortnight when the flora of Mendota hath gently laid itself to rest upon the divine floor of my homeland which the Dakota calls cloudy water.

Here's another one that got hit on the head too many times and shouldn't be smoking those funny cigarettes.

Michael

3 hours ago, PanzerMike said:

Somebody has been eating the wrong kind of mushrooms and this time it's not Emrys...

The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him.  Sancho Panzer dear-- admirable that a lowly squire such as yourself should break from tilting at windmills and re-fitting your corset to ride to the aid of your Lord Emrys.  It will be a shame to fell you second.  

Edited by TheForwardObserver

....though not beneath his dignity - whyfore dost thou seek wisdom in the cesspit, overseer? 'tis true, the wholesomeness of dung is yet mis-stood - is seen as the foul, ultimate end as opposed to the beginnings and nourishment of those who would aim small. And one cannot aim smaller than Michael, love him as I do.