Umlaut´s mods

umlaut

Looks nice, Jorge. But you really dont have to make them - I am already working on Nashorn versions of the Hummel. And it is probably easier for me, as there are a few details that need to be changed for the Nashorns and I already have all the files lined up to make them. :)

Edited by umlaut

BTW: Can anyone tell what the story is about Nashorns in CMBN? They arent in the game, as far as I can tell - but the bmp files are in the Vehicle Pack. How come?

The Nashorn was originally in CMBN but was taken out. The VP Nashorn bmps may have been left over by accident seeing they are shared by the Hummel. There's been a few examples of bmp textures left behind that the game doesn't actually use, such as the red berets in CMBN and the kaeppi caps in Red Thunder.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/93376-cmbo-cmbn-equipment-comparrison-chart/#entry1211258

Nice work btw, as usual. Nashes and Hummels look awesome.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...

Next set is the StuG IIIG Late

As I was making a weathered hungarian StuG for Kohlenklau´s hungarian Red Thunder project I might as well make a  german version too.

The set contains four different paint options (including a weathered version of the original Battlefront camo). Choosen ONE of the four.

This set is identical to the german StuG for CMRT (so no need to download both)

German set

stug_options_german.jpg

Very nice, umlaut. You are really coming into your own with these new camo schemes. You realize that we have actually only had a handful of new paint jobs since CMBN was released? You are a pioneer! I am really digging that first one on the left.

Mord.

Thanks a lot, Mord. Unfortunately, it is very hard to make mods where the camo on each surface fits with the camo on the surfaces next to it. That is because the different surface parts of a vehicle model are spread seemingly at random across the BMP file.

Applying camo to these BMP´s is a lot like trying to create a coherent picture by painting each individual piece of a jigsaw puzzle that is disassembled and spread across the floor.

I guess that is why so few people have done this before. And I´m probably not going to try to make the pieces fit together in my future mods (they dont always in the previous, by the way). It is simply way too much work.

Edited by umlaut

Well, some of them require the Vehicle Pack - others dont. Some Market Garden or Commonwealth modules.

The Flak 38, the U304´s and possibly the Hummel are from the vehicle pack. The Nashorn shouldn´t have been in this thread as it is only available in CMFI and CMRT. But Jorge MC brought them up, so I thought, I´d show them here.

The short answer is: If you have the vehicle in your game, then you can use the mod.

• 5 years later...

You certain you never uploaded U304's, umlaut?  First, I love that HT, and always replace a few "regular" German HT's with the 304.  Second, I am certain that they look a lot like your non-stripey camo versions. But anyway, thanks man!

Edit:  Umlaut, I just checked my mod back-up folders, and I have these from you from around Thanksgiving (November) 2014. Even the stripey-camo one, lol!

Edited by mjkerner