How to "mark" mines?

yes there is a bit of a language problem and slight sleep deprivation on my part since was working on night shift last couple of night :) But yes, I think regular engineers would need some love and iteration in the future. There are plenty of things that real engineers can do to minefields, especially at-mines, even under fire. For example finnish army engineers still regularly train to use manual explosive mine clearance devices similar to ww2 bangalore torpedos. Now this is ofc vintage stuff and naturally it can't be done under enemy observation and active fire, but it is certainly expected to be done the moment enemy is suppressed to some reasonable degree. The whole idea behind engineer corps is to enhance friendly movement during attack and hinder enemy movement during defence. Maybe this subject would deserve a bit more constructed and focused separate thread all together.

I didn't think bangalores were for mines, but for wire, and had previously assumed that the "magic demo charge" was transforming into one when engineers were clearing wire explosively. If the HE snake is enough to clear mines as well, then I'll certainly agree it already ought to be in (as a Blast order into an identified mine square; that should be relatively simple). And BFC have said that they might be giving combat engineering some attention in the relatively near future (for what that's worth :) ); I'm sure there will be lots of threads between now and then. A very rapid Wikipedia look suggests the bangalore might only be good for clearing Antipersonnel mines, though, so the original problem remains.

My overall opinion on QB prices is that mines are very very expensive compared to their real life value and expense. For a price of single MBT you can sow thousands of regular "dumb" tnt based at-mines and this is certainly not the case in CMBS at the moment. Obviously for good reason since we cant clear them and they are more effective than in real life. For a large QB for example it is very much possible to to reserve 2000 or even 3000 points for at-mines and you can create several mine fields of 200-300m wide and few action squares deep. This is often able to block many if not all vehicle accessible routes depending on how rough the map is.

QB prices don't reflect cost to procure, they're meant to reflect combat effectiveness, as a broad average over a wide range of CM setup parameters. Perhaps this was closer to true in the WW2 titles than in BS, where the purchase budget and cost of different vehicles have inflated at a faster rate than units have become proof against mines.

I didn't think bangalores were for mines, but for wire, and had previously assumed that the "magic demo charge" was transforming into one when engineers were clearing wire explosively. If the HE snake is enough to clear mines as well, then I'll certainly agree it already ought to be in (as a Blast order into an identified mine square; that should be relatively simple). And BFC have said that they might be giving combat engineering some attention in the relatively near future (for what that's worth :) ); I'm sure there will be lots of threads between now and then. A very rapid Wikipedia look suggests the bangalore might only be good for clearing Antipersonnel mines, though, so the original problem remains.

QB prices don't reflect cost to procure, they're meant to reflect combat effectiveness, as a broad average over a wide range of CM setup parameters. Perhaps this was closer to true in the WW2 titles than in BS, where the purchase budget and cost of different vehicles have inflated at a faster rate than units have become proof against mines.

Aye, the "manual explosive mine clearance device" we used was roughly 50m long and packed enough he to detonate ap-mines after which the unit could move into the minefield using the narrow cleared lane and set up heavier explosives to detonate AT-mines and remaining ap-mines on an area wide enough for vehicle to pass. This could be done in matter of minutes really but the biggest problem was that while this was generally done to clear mined roads in a hurry, it also completely annihilated the road, which had to be reconstructed right away to allow anything non mechanized to pass on through. (this is ofc beyond cm scope but demined tiles could have a extra risk of bogging)

But yes, fastest way to clear mines is to explode them (ok shooting might be even faster) and in general basic disposal of found mines is the easy thing. Finding them is the hard one. Which is one of the reason why I find it so frustrating to be able to "mark" mines with relative ease in CM -games but then i can't demine them.