Black Sea Patch v1.03 Preview

ChrisND

What about the game consuming excessive RAM under certain circumstances? Several people reported an issue when playing the Russian campaign mission 3, with the BMP-3s moving through the water causing the game to lag and ultimately crash.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118123-russian-campaign-mission-3-crashing/

Phil said he would look into the matter. Did he?

Yep!  Should be a fix in 1.03 for that bug.  Thanks guys.

Would one of the changes to 3D models be and updated turret for the HMMWV as pictured? Also. Will the M-ATV ever be added?

We don't typically make major 3D additions like that in patches. That new turret would be a whole new piece of equipment, not just a tweak to the current models. Most people, other than the eagle-eyed, won't notice the model tweaks.

We have no plans to add the M-ATV or MRAPs in Black Sea. Those vehicles have no place on the front lines in this setting.

Instead of (again) being a troll, at least play the game with the new patch when it comes out for a couple of days before making a comment like that.

I was making comment on the changelog. It seems that most of the balance issues that have been raised over the last three months have been addressed. Wind your neck in.

Edited by Stagler

I think that actually was a positive response.  At least I choose to take it that way in lieu of anything telling me different.

Yeah, those changes all look like good things

I've been playing QBs with a buddy, and was hoping for some of those bullet points (rarity on APS, cost change for crap vs shiny and new vehicles). It sounds like QBs should be a lot more fun, especially as the Ukrainians, if the old BMP-2 and BTR-70 are more useful for the cost.

Not sure if this happened to anyone yet, but when using my Engineers to blow a wall and enter a building.. they blow the wall, but head the other way and enter the house from a different direction.. obviously not what you want them to do.  There was a door for them to use, but they chose to go around an entire block to enter it from the front.. anyone else seen that yet.  I have not patched the game yet..  But will be doing that today.

Not sure if this happened to anyone yet, but when using my Engineers to blow a wall and enter a building.. they blow the wall, but head the other way and enter the house from a different direction.. obviously not what you want them to do.  There was a door for them to use, but they chose to go around an entire block to enter it from the front.. anyone else seen that yet.  I have not patched the game yet..  But will be doing that today.

There are occasions when engineers blowing walls between buildings will exit their original dwelling and go around the outside to a door into the block they just demo'ed into. These are caused by elevation mismatches between the two buildings. It might be that there's a glitch with that particular map which means there's an elevation mismatch between the ground your engineers are on and the ground floor of the house they're trying to enter. If they were on the "uphill" side of a building, it might be that the ground is effectively "in the way" of the door they can see, because the building is "sunk into" the hill. As you can tell from the many "might"s and "if"s and "maybe"s, this is merely a semi-educated guess.

This has been an issue since CMSF 1.0.  It has progressively gotten better as the game has improved and map makers have become more adept with the tools.  But it still shows up in urban environments more than I like.  I typically report the map with a bug and it might get fixed eventually.

question about 3.01 manual

page 13

"Some systems such as Trophy and Arena on Russian tanks have 360 degree coverage, while others such as Zaslon and Arena on BMPs do not protect the rear of the vehicle."

Arena is mentioned in both cases. Does this mean the same APS system has different coverage depending on the tank it is protecting?

question about 3.01 manual

page 13

"Some systems such as Trophy and Arena on Russian tanks have 360 degree coverage, while others such as Zaslon and Arena on BMPs do not protect the rear of the vehicle."

Arena is mentioned in both cases. Does this mean the same APS system has different coverage depending on the tank it is protecting?

I read that to mean Arena has 360 degree protection on tanks, but not on BMPs. I believe the reason is they don't want it killing disembarking troops, and the doors are at the rear. Edited by Bud_B