Black Sea Patch v1.03 Preview

ChrisND

So, just out of curiosity, since this happened to me on the whole CMBN 3.11 patch...will the CMBS patch include a 1.02 and 1.03 brz files?  I had a horrible time with the 3.11 patch because the MAC version did not correctly install the 3.10 brz file which was originally included in the vehicle pack...

Fortunately the help desk figured out the problem and I manually installed the 3.10 brz along with the 3.11 brz to solve my problem.

BUT, now I am always nervous about this...although I am really looking forward to this...thanks to everyone for the hard work.

Edited by grunt_GI

I had a horrible time with the 3.11 patch because the MAC version did not correctly install the 3.10 brz file which was originally included in the vehicle pack...

First thing I do after downloading a patch/update from BFC is update Time Machine.  Easy roll-back if there's something mis-applied by me, easy rollback if the patch/update is borked in general.

On a Mac and not using Time Machine? Shame on you.  It's really dirt easy.

Edited by herr_oberst

There is no  v1.02 brz file in the full game so there's nothing to overlook. The jump is straight from 1.01 to v1.03. The only thing to watch out for is when you do get your hands on the patch put the installer items into a new empty folder before hitting install. You want the installer to try to install only the bits its supposed to, no random stuff that just happens to be in the folder you dropped it into. (PC suggestion)  :)

Edited by MikeyD

Great news, hit my first game crash at the weekend while trying to save after successfully crossing the Dnieper river in the russian campaign :angry:

Less cowering will be a good improvement too, it does seem to happen too often at the moment.

So the patch can't come quick enough. 

Certain large scenarios will crash the game during loading/saving.

IIRC, that was ONE scenario. IIRC it was two people who were experiencing crashes with it and you were not one of them. IIRC it was never determined what was causing the crashes but running out of memory was suspected.

You really need to stop making these unsubstantiated declarations of engine problems. You don't know what you're talking about and some of your statements are disingenuous.

Don't press the button then ;)

I Have found that in CMBN if I accidentally click the mouse before the battlefront splash Window appears the screen goes white and windows asks me if i want to terminate the program or wait for it to respond, If I click wait the game loads fine.... thats the only similar situation I have had with CM games..

Thats with Windows 7 64bit

Edited by highlandcharge

What about the game consuming excessive RAM under certain circumstances? Several people reported an issue when playing the Russian campaign mission 3, with the BMP-3s moving through the water causing the game to lag and ultimately crash.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118123-russian-campaign-mission-3-crashing/

Phil said he would look into the matter. Did he?

Edited by agusto

Yes its kind of like a bad doctor joke... "doctor my arm hurts when I do this with it"

Doctor replies "don't do that with your arm then" ;)

Man am I looking forward to this patch :-)

"Doctor, when i touch my toes it hurts! And when touch my nose it hurts too!"

"No wonder, your fingers are all broken."

Edited by agusto

First thing I do after downloading a patch/update from BFC is update Time Machine. Easy roll-back if there's something mis-applied by me, easy rollback if the patch/update is borked in general.

On a Mac and not using Time Machine? Shame on you. It's really dirt easy.

Jawohl Herr Oberst!

I do have Time Machine now. But from a troubleshooting mode... Now that I have experienced the joy of the mismatched brz files.. Just wanted to know what to look for... Standing by for patch.

What about the game consuming excessive RAM under certain circumstances? Several people reported an issue when playing the Russian campaign mission 3, with the BMP-3s moving through the water causing the game to lag and ultimately crash.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118123-russian-campaign-mission-3-crashing/

Phil said he would look into the matter. Did he?

Fingers crossed. Seems that most of the preliminary patch notes are fixes to adjust unit behaviour and errors though. We'll have to wait for the patch to see if this bug is fixed I guess.

Instead of (again) being a troll, at least play the game with the new patch when it comes out for a couple of days before making a comment like that.

I think that actually was a positive response.  At least I choose to take it that way in lieu of anything telling me different.

Re: HMMWV turret/M-ATVs

That's the sort of turret that was used in Iraq/Afghanistan.  It's generally not mounted on "regular" HMMWVs.  

Same deal with the M-ATV.  There's no "MTOE" M-ATV units, M-ATVs are simply drawn from in theater stocks by deploying units.  The various M-ATVs/MRAPS not being simply scrapped or sold off will likely be kept for possible future COIN operations, but for now the HMMWV remains the four wheeled truck thing of the US Army, and for likely so for the near future.