CMBS total conversion ideas...

Hello everybody,

given what we have in the actual CMBS (nothing new will come for quite a while), do you have any idea of a potential total conversion of the game?

Examples:

-home war (US army defending the country against a russian invasion - possibly the state of Washington? With the ukrainian army modded to represent local militia, at least the infantry).

-back to desert (US army fighting OPFOR of some sort, with the ukrainian army modded to represent a local ally)

True, didn't thought of that. Problem is that the equipment is not so low tech. I mean, we have MTLB, BRDM-2, BTR-70, BMP-2 but the T-64s are not usable in a middle east theater (if not fantasy), T-72BM3 and T-90 could be interesting but their export not extensive.

We have not very old tanks and IFVs.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Hello everybody,

given what we have in the actual CMBS (nothing new will come for quite a while), do you have any idea of a potential total conversion of the game?

Examples:

-home war (US army defending the country against a russian invasion - possibly the state of Washington? With the ukrainian army modded to represent local militia, at least the infantry).

-back to desert (US army fighting OPFOR of some sort, with the ukrainian army modded to represent a local ally)

Hmmmm....Red Dawn?  Sounds intriguing. I wonder if the terrain and buildings could be modded to look like the USA?

A hyper-realistic HALO mod!

crop2_arma-3-halo-mode1.jpg

This would be amazing. Although I think it would be quite a challenge. Reskinning units would not be a huge issue, but changing all the weapon and body armor stats would be much more of a challenge I imagine. Still though it would be awesome and whoever could make it happen would be my hero

This would be amazing. Although I think it would be quite a challenge. Reskinning units would not be a huge issue, but changing all the weapon and body armor stats would be much more of a challenge I imagine. Still though it would be awesome and whoever could make it happen would be my hero

its currently underway in ARMA III if youre interested

I think a National Training Centre, Fort Irwin map would be perfect. The Russians would be OPFOR  (11th Armoured Cavalry Regiment) just like in real life, so there is no need for a fictitious backstory. Scenarios could be exact or close replicates of past and current training missions. Kieme you would be my hero if you could create this map.

Here is a link to the 11th Armoured Cavalry Regiments facebook page for those interested -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/11th-Armored-Cavalry-Regiment-Blackhorse/158715460811763

its currently underway in ARMA III if youre interested

I am aware of this mod. I've been following it since they first announced the project nearly a year ago now and I am loving the initial alpha release. They have some great people doing really good work over there. I've been a huge fan of Arma for a long time, since Arma: Armed Assault, due mostly to its realism and partly due to how moddable it is and how supportive Bohemia Interactive is of the community and modders.

Back on topic, I think that while it would be a bit of a challenge and some things would have to be guessed/fudged, a CM total conversion to Halo assets would be truly amazing. Personally I would be very content if there was just a simple reskin to make the soldiers look like Halo troopers/Marines. The toughest part (I would imagine) would be converting the weapons to things such as the assault rifle with a 60 round magazine (or 32 if you go with the C variant) and other weapon changes that would have to be changed. All the other things like body armor values and vehicles would likely take a while.

I think a National Training Centre, Fort Irwin map would be perfect. The Russians would be OPFOR  (11th Armoured Cavalry Regiment) just like in real life, so there is no need for a fictitious backstory. Scenarios could be exact or close replicates of past and current training missions. Kieme you would be my hero if you could create this map.

Here is a link to the 11th Armoured Cavalry Regiments facebook page for those interested -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/11th-Armored-Cavalry-Regiment-Blackhorse/158715460811763

The map already exists - I think Bil has made one. Search the forum I think it might come up.

The map already exists - I think Bil has made one. Search the forum I think it might come up.

Hi George, I remember seeing a post by Bil where he commented that he had been working on a NTC map since early BETA but hadn't got around to finishing it. I searched the repository but found nothing.

A single map would be impossible, the training area is far too large (50km by 40km). I already have a terrain mod that simulates the type of desert you find at NTC, all we would need is maps of the specific areas that the "battles" typically revolve around. Bil has posted screenshots of a map of the Red Pass area in my thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118338-national-training-center-terrain-mod/

Edited by SeinfeldRules

Back to the desert! I still play CMSF because of its capability to simulate currently ongoing conflicts in the middle east. Or maybe something completely different, i think could get into Halo mod if it is well done.

Remember the old twilight 2000 games from the 80's. Post apocalyptic american mech forces fighting in poland. Make it something like that. Everything gets a very worn rag tag look. Lots of dents rips tears on the textures. No clean buildings. Terrain is very arid. Cities of rubble and graffiti. Basically its just face lift. The fighting would be between local factions using equipment in the game.

In that case, a US vs China scenario set in Taiwan would be my vote!

Wow that is a cracker of an idea, the best suggestion so far. It would be awesome starting the campaign as USMC assaulting a shoreline with AAV-7's, and the the following scenarios could be a series of battles as the Marines fight their way inland.

Wow that is a cracker of an idea, the best suggestion so far. It would be awesome starting the campaign as USMC assaulting a shoreline with AAV-7's, and the the following scenarios could be a series of battles as the Marines fight their way inland.

US Army forces would be involved as well. Perhaps units from the 25th ID and 82nd Airborne. A whole joint team.