Strykers and forest tiles

Yep, they will plow through, but keep the commands short. Wheeled vehicles risk immobilization when traversing light woods so with longer routes, it appears to me that the AI will default to a less risky route in terms of the chance of getting immobilized. But of the course the AI can't factor in the tactical consequences by doing so.

Edited by Imperial Grunt

Yeah short command way points is key if there are nearby less obstructed routes.  I have a platoon working along a treeline and had a few surprises earlier where my BMP3 crew decided to drive out of the woods and along the farm track and then back into the woods.  Thankfully I caught on to that trick before getting in range of the M1s nearby.

It seems that plotting a slow movement in woods decreases the odds of bogging (or worse).  I don't have enough patience to really experiment with that though.

Testing done a while back suggests that speed has no effect on bogging in muddy terrains. I'd be surprised if woods were different.

Id be shocked.if.speed has no.affect on bogging are you certain? Who did the test. I do know speed in BN would affect.tanks going.over AT mines. Fast would mean.immobilization sometimes a KO.Whereas tanks moving slow would suffer minor track damage which is all wrong for Teller mines and their allied equivalents.. i dont recall if this was fixed. Id be hesitant to say i know for sure if speed.didnt affect bogging. My gut says it does and.it definitely.affects track damage going.over.picket fences.

Once bogged the COs best move is to.cancel all.movement.orders for the bogged vehicle. Often the vehicle will become unbogged in a turn or two.

Edited by Sublime

1. Aren't "mud"/wet "dirt/grass" terrain tiles different from "forest" ones in terms of effects? I always thought that forest tiles give more chance to brake chassis completely due to physical interference with trees and bushes.

2. AFAIK bogging down depends on weight and chassis type.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad