Hungarian Mod

No, I never finished my stuff but somebody else has done probably an adequate job with what I started years ago. Now I will look to add to it if I can. Some folks here seem slightly interested to maybe help. Once I have it cobbled together, I will put it all in my Goody Box. 

The way CMRT is structured you cannot have Hungarians fight alongside the Germans. In CMFI, there are multiple axis nation slots and multiple allied nation slots. But CMRT is just 1 nation versus 1 nation.

Good luck with the scenario Gary, it sounds interesting.

• 2 months later...

Discount Mod and scenario. Cost is $0.00

Q4ce7Qy.png

CMRT FB TINY BLESSINGS OF SZENT LASZLO

^
Part of the Festung Budapest Attila Line defenses, east of Soroksár, Hungary. 2 November 1944...just over 10 km from Budapest city centre. It is late in the afternoon, the sun sets behind you on a cold and wet day. A light wind blows from the north. 

^
You are a young föhadnagy (1st lieutenant) in the 1./I Parachute Battalion. Your units are well trained and highly motivated. But there are just a few of you to balance against the low morale of the common Hungarian infantry. Your position has several heavy weapons in support as well as a small variety of defensive fortifications to position. An anti-tank ditch has been dug by forced labor. Dark Blue set-up zone is for you to adjust the deployment of all axis forces, foxholes and trenches. 
^
The Soviet tank and infantry force is probing forward to determine the level of resistance they will encounter as the siege of Budapest develops. 
^
Your objective is to block any passage of the Soviet forces through to the west.
^
You are ordered to hold out for 10~15 minutes. The enemy gains points by exiting forces off the west edge of the map via a small exit zone. When the Honvéd (Royal Hungarian Army) stops that exit, it takes points away from the Red Army. You have a parameter bonus if you can keep your own casualties below 25%.

To get this, go to my signature dropbox link, then go to CMRT section and see the folder for CMRT Hungary Mod. In there are the 2 mods folders, 1 mod folder is just the soldier names changed to Hungarian and you can plop in z folder ONLY AS NEEDED, the other folder is modtagged and can probably be in z and not cause any issues. Emphasis on PROBABLY. 🙂

The scenario file is there for CMRT scenario folder. Restart CMRT and have a try as axis vs Soviet AI.

"Based on a true story."

Just when I thought that the Mods couldn't get any better, you throw this together and BAM, here you go Red Thunder Gamers. Your uniforms and all of the other items that you added for the Hungarians are Freaking AWESOME!!!! Now it is very possible to have German SS and Hungarian Troops in the same Scenario's or Campaigns. Your work here Kohl is greatly Appreciated, THANK YOU!!!

17 hours ago, Gary R Lukas said:

Now it is very possible to have German SS and Hungarian Troops in the same Scenario's or Campaigns.

Well, I would say "almost". The ONE THING is you can only have one set of axis soldier names and the voice files can be only 1 set at a time. For an upcoming Festung Budapest scenario "Uncles and Pups", you have a 99% Hungarian force with just one German SS Pak40. 

Like I always say for my mods, "Squint while you play them!" (meaning don't focus too clearly to see the inadequacies)

Thanks for the kind words and if you want to have at it and make some Festung Budapest Hungary scenarios or stuff from earlier in the war, HAVE AT IT, ONE AND ALL. Anybody, feel free to PM me for any questions on how best to use the mods.

For example, the Hungarian Paratroopers Uniforms (which for official statements purposes, I did NOT make, I have no idea where they ORIGINALLY came from, but am happy I have them), they show when you have German Gebirgsjagers in winter uniforms. Get it? 

The regular Greatcoat Hungarian infantry are best purchased as stragglers or Sicherungs to end up with just rifles and MP40. Set appearance as greatcoats of course.

Vehicles coming soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kohlenklau, It's Lukas. I have a huge question for you and I hope that you have the answers that I need. With you being the best modder in the CMRT arena [my opinion of course] I have been going through all of the German Tank Mods and turning them in a direction where all German Tanks will have Winter or snow Camouflage, like the Pzkw III G, Pzkw III M, Pzkw III N, and then I'm going to do the Marders, Elephants, all Pzkw IV's and V's and VI's. All of the Panzer III's are coming out great, I'm having an issue with the Schertzen for the Panzer III M. Every time I get it looking great with the winter snow Camo and put it into my Z file I noticed that all of the Schertzen comes out as the base tan color that's in the game. Now the Tanks Hull's and Turrets come out great, a nice beautiful coat of whitewash on them, but no matter what I do for the Schertzen, it still comes out a solid tannish color, so I'm opened up to any suggestions that might help this project, Thank You My Brother LUKAS

1 hour ago, Gary R Lukas said:

any suggestions that might help this project

Hey Gary,

Hmmm. I suggest a special modtag maybe? You want ALL vehicles to be snow (edit: whitewash or whatever) for your specific scenario. Add this specific modtag to all your skirts, hulls, turrets. Then of course import that modtag to the scenario. You seem to know all this.

Bur what modtag to use? Maybe this one...

[detroitrockcity]

Good luck brother,

~Phil

EDIT: PM me if you need to. I am happy to try and assist you. I aint got no magic wand but I just stumble forward as best I can. 

Edited by kohlenklau

On 12/2/2022 at 11:52 PM, kohlenklau said:

Hey Gary,

Hmmm. I suggest a special modtag maybe? You want ALL vehicles to be snow (edit: whitewash or whatever) for your specific scenario. Add this specific modtag to all your skirts, hulls, turrets. Then of course import that modtag to the scenario. You seem to know all this.

Bur what modtag to use? Maybe this one...

[detroitrockcity]

Good luck brother,

~Phil

EDIT: PM me if you need to. I am happy to try and assist you. I aint got no magic wand but I just stumble forward as best I can. 

I do lots of stumbling too, but I never give up, and yes it was Mod Tagged for [snow] I'm going to try the Whitewash Tag next. Everything worked all except for the Schurtzen. Does the Winter Mod Tag work for vehicles?? Or just Infantry?? BTW I prefer Stormtroopin by the Motor City Mad Man Mr. Ted Nugent lol

I did make a Whitewash Pz IIIM, it came out decent, but I can't figure out why the darn side skirts won't work, and something else I figured out is that the Panzer III M always have skirts, not like the Panzer IV's or StuG III which show missing side skirts all the time. I even went so far as to switch out the skirt with a StuG III skirt, since they both are basically the same vehicles, well as far as the hulls are concerned. 

1 hour ago, Gary R Lukas said:

so why can't I get the Pz IIIM to do the same??

Maybe try this...at this stage I just have a small test arena scenario but will purchase like a couple dozen of the subject tank to see if there is any random display going on. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER to shut down and restart the game as you make changes so it loads the new version.

sometimes when I am frustrated with a "missing image" I go ahead and put big red X's all over a test version of the filename. helps spot it when you fire up your test arena scenario

is your custom skirt modtagged? 

2 hours ago, Gary R Lukas said:

I did make a Whitewash Pz IIIM, it came out decent, but I can't figure out why the darn side skirts won't work, and something else I figured out is that the Panzer III M always have skirts, not like the Panzer IV's or StuG III which show missing side skirts all the time. I even went so far as to switch out the skirt with a StuG III skirt, since they both are basically the same vehicles, well as far as the hulls are concerned. 

If I may interject gents - I think you may have a texture naming problem Gary. I just did a very quick and dirty test to see if whitewashed skirts will show (I thought I had a nice mod of them but apparently not so). A large selection of IIIM's ...

JetxaFE.jpg

Many with skirts some without as postulated by Kohl. What I noted in naming these with the [snow] tag was that there is a pz-iiim-skirt [snow].bmp and pz-iiim-skirts [snow].bmp with just an s to distinguish it from its brethren - very wise choice of naming and easily written over with a slip of the two typing fingers. The IIIM has some ropey textures/modelling BTW.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

Hey Kohlenclau, I am pretty sure that I asked you this before, but do you have the LAH SS and HJ SS uniform Mods from CMBN?? I know there was the M-43 Uniforms and then the Smocks or Camo Peas. there were 2 downloads each for 1st SS LAH and 2 for the HJ. If you have them great, if not I can proceed without them, Thank You   Lukas

There exist several LAH uniform mod sets.  Some simply say "SS uniforms" but one can read the Adolph Hitler arm bands on the uniforms.  It's a bit confusing as I couldn't find a uniform mod that was labelled HJ.  It may just have a generic folder name.

FWIW all was sent to Bootie for CMMODS.  But, if he hasn't got time, I can send what I have to your dropbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone did make a uniform mod with both LAH and HJ on the armbands, EZ put it together but not sure who made it. There was the M43 mod with the unit names on the cuffs, then I believe there was a mod for the Smocks and smocks don't have cuff titles on them. The file was uploaded to GAJ's site, then sometime later it was MIA.

I've a 12ss mod for CMBN (not tried in CMRT) and there is a CMRT mod file name - Ez_SS-for-Red-Thunder - which has some of the uniform options wearing LSSAH cuffs. 

I've also got Ez's EZ German skin compilation CMBN CMRT - uploaded em all to dropbox at this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwn9wwj92t3778c/AABgh0kEUelX2-k7flt4XLxua?dl=0

Cheery!

Edited by George MC

• 3 weeks later...

By George MC, that was it. All of the SS uniforms I was looking for, well you had them. I thank you very much. I also sent you a message on twitter and followed you. I was looking at a few old mods that I had, and I found the old SS Autumn mod. It only had the smocks but it's so awesome how far the Modder's have come since then. So once again, many thanks. G