VK 16,02 Leopard

The ubiquitous czech T38 chassis with, what, a 50L60 gun? Fantasy, and at best a replacement for a recon tank. Kind of a souped up T-70. Nice slope, but I think the Germans were better served with the Hetzer.

Of course, CM tries to stay away from non-produced objects.

Edited by c3k

Yeah I was talking about the Maus in another thread. I just don't believe even if the prototypes were finished in time that either it or the E-100 would ever had been put in production by the Germans. They would be unable to cross most road bridges.

L

Yeah I was talking about the Maus in another thread. I just don't believe even if the prototypes were finished in time that either it or the E-100 would ever had been put in production by the Germans. They would be unable to cross most road bridges.

Let alone go off the Roads...

Adding pointless fantasy things into the game instead of covering real gaps in the CM lineup like france '40 is a waste of time. 

It's already known that the Battle of the Bulge game is coming next, and that game will cover time until the end of the war, so putting the Maus into the game actually makes more sense than dropping everything planned for the next year or two to start working on a new game.

Combat Mission has existed for 15 years, and in those 15 years there has not been a France 1940 game. Stop talking about it as if it's "right around the corner" or "just hasn't been gotten to yet". As far as I know, there are no plans for a France 1940 game, and there are no plans looking into the near future. Not to mention, we have already heard from Steve that production of Vehicle Packs and additional add-on content does not adversely affect the game development cycle, so I'd say we have a much better chance of seeing new vehicles and weapons, than some mythical early-war France 1940 game.

Making things that people will buy isn't a waste of time for BFC.

I like France '40, but I would rather have reasonable late war what ifs (E-25,50,75, M29/34, Black Prince, IS-3, etc) in a heartbeat.

BFC would certainly have the marketing numbers, but I suspect very late war would sell better than very early.

Making things that people will buy isn't a waste of time for BFC.

I like France '40, but I would rather have reasonable late war what ifs (E-25,50,75, M29/34, Black Prince, IS-3, etc) in a heartbeat.

BFC would certainly have the marketing numbers, but I suspect very late war would sell better than very early.

Especially if they found a way to bring the RT and Bulge content together and do a CM: Operation Unthinkable.