is there going to be a demo for CMBS released?

steele6

Hi all,

simply put, is there going to be a demo for CMBS anytime? I have played the demo of one of the previous games, and find the user interface (camera controlling) to  be pretty difficult (but not impossible) to use, and that puts me off the full price of the game until i can see how the two games have changed/improved. 

Ie, I'd like to play the demo before I blow alot of money (for me) on this game :) 

Thanks

There are ways of making the camera interface pretty bearable compared to the default way it's presented. In Red Thunder, there are a couple of different modes that might help. Reading the manual and playing with the various different controls that are present, rather than just using the first ones you find, which might not appeal, will help you get the most out of the game.

Yes, it should be out "soon".

If you want a good idea of what CMBS will "feel" like, just download the Red Thunder demo, UI and camera controls are pretty much the same.

There is also a demo for CMSF if you want to get an idea of what modern combat feels like. ATGMs, IR optics, RPGs and assault rifles in every squad and fully stabilized tank guns are a total game changer that makes CMBS feel disitinctively different from any of the WW2 titles.

Edited by agusto

Will the "Rolling Thunder" scenarion from the demo be made available for the main game? Can anyone post it in the repository?

I've just uploaded it this morning, so as soon as it's signed off it should appear. In the meantime you can grab it HERE

Just realised that the version that will be uploaded to the repository will only work with the new 1.02 patch (I'd updated my game with a beta version of the forthcoming patch). The version at the dropbox link above should be playable in 1.01 (I went back and used my original version of the game (luckily I kept some older back copies).

Apologies for the slight foobar. Hopefully you can play the version at this dropbox link (although you will still have to have patched your game to 1.01).

I've created a separate thread for discussion, feedback etc regrdaing Rolling Thunder at the following LINK

Edited by George MC

Thanks George - I'll probably await the new patch as I have a game on for the current one. But look forward to what I guess is another masterpiece by you.

He! No pressure :) I hope it doesn't disappoint!

TBH I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out - all thanks to the heavy playtesting the beta testers gave it. As it's a demo it's level of difficulty is not set to max but I think/hope it provides a nice wee tactical challenge. I pinched a load of top tips from a thread on the forum and put em in the designer notes, hopefully to help those new to CMBS come to terms with the hi-tec modern fighting systems.

Edited by George MC

Hi Wiggum

The version that will appear on the repository was finalised in a 1.02 version of the game. FWIW the patch will not affect whether you can play scenarios made in an earlier version of the game i.e. scenarios made in 1.01 will open and play in a game version 1.02.

Great news that the 'New Modern' Combat Mission Black Sea is available as a Demo! 

Looking forward to some feedback from folks who favor WWII over Modern. Both are fun periods to game but I think plenty of folks will be surprised at how cool Black Sea is.

Battlefront has done a exceptional effort on this New Modern and the game looks and plays that way :D

Happy Battles  :)