Scenario making woe

You can mark one tile in the editor that you know has a specific unit on it (just make it dirt or whatever, anything that sticks out). You have to remember exactly which unit is on that tile. Then you crop the map and afterwards you can just select all units on the map, click on the unit you remembered and move back to the reference tile. All other units will be moved as well and will be in the spots they used to be before.

Works for fortifications as well

Edited by Rokko

You can mark one tile in the editor that you know has a specific unit on it (just make it dirt or whatever, anything that sticks out). You have to remember exactly which unit is on that tile. Then you crop the map and afterwards you can just select all units on the map, click on the unit you remembered and move back to the reference tile. All other units will be moved as well and will be in the spots they used to be before.

Works for fortifications as well

I tried that but all selected units didn't move and not to the exact place. I'll try again with more precision. Thanks.

Yea I tried again, several times, but it seems like there are just too many units and fortifications. All are not moved and those that are not all to the right place. Some units/fortifications are off by an action square or two.

However, I discovered also that units tended to shift only when cropping the south or west side of the map. Wonder if it is a coincidence or always the case? Wonder if the opposite is true for adding to the map? Will test more tomorrow.