CMPzC Operation "Bloody Christmas" (Ortona '43)

Cool!

Invite for Hex 3,7 accepted.

Just need my opponent's email address to send invite to?

And are there are planes on the Allied side?

We have a random chance each turn for either no planes, recce, fighter bomber, and both. This turn we got recce

Kuderian:  You will have A Coy, 2 x troops tanks (6 Shermans), 4.2" mortars, 4PLDG recce elements in front (AC's and carriers) and an engineer platoon (although at some point they are released for bridge construction - Koh will let you know the details)

Your tanks cannot cross the river at this point, although they can provide sp fire,  so we need a bridge. It is imperative that you cross the river with your infantry so that the engineers can build that bridge.

From recce, you are facing two units of AT guns and some infantry

Good luck!

marco2marzo@gmail.com

Marco!  You will have your 4PLDG HQ group, one troop of ACs and carriers, one troop of tanks (reduced to 2 tanks since one was eliminated by a flak gun on your advance there), your AT troop with 6 lbers, and a mortar troop.

The enemy in San Donato is at least one flak gun (88?) and some infantry.

Your mission is to eliminate all of the flak guns.  I don't care about taking San Donato, but those guns will be a threat to our flank later in the campaign.  Your force is not configured for a house-to-house fighting slog against a lot of infantry. Do not get entangled. I need you and your boys for later.  Again, the flak guns must be eliminated. The enemy infantry in San Donato can just be picketed.

Good luck!

Wow, looks like Chappy's boys are not wasting any time.  They are moving to contact, ready for action.

Are y'all calling in the artillery for softening up purposes before crossing the river?

Heinrich505

Of course!  The arty doesn't seem to work so well in the campaign level software and is much better used within a CM game

San Donato battle is created and axis has the file for their set-up.

Allied force has an exit zone strip in their backfield in case the probe fails they can withdraw as per instructions from Chappy.

If any questions on the map, set-up zone, forces, etc. Holler right away.

I will do the hex 3,6 and 3,7 battles after work tonight. :D

PhilM are you out there? lol

Yep, ready and waiting ... have accepted drop box share invite for battle T2 hex 3,6 ...

Hope this isn't TOO dumb a question, but ... the map doesn't appear to have hex identifiers on it, and I'm not sure which of the 2 battles (ie excluding San Donato) shown - and which stack of our units - is mine??

Yep, ready and waiting ... have accepted drop box share invite for battle T2 hex 3,6 ...

Hope this isn't TOO dumb a question, but ... the map doesn't appear to have hex identifiers on it, and I'm not sure which of the 2 battles (ie excluding San Donato) shown - and which stack of our units - is mine??

Well hello Phil!  If you scroll back far enough through this forum topic, you will find the good map with identifiers.

Your stack is the topmost one of the three.

Here is what you have:  B Coy, RCR, two troops of tanks (6 tanks), a troop of halftracks from 4PLDG (recce), arty (25 lbers) and the Regiment's pioneer platoon (treat them nice!  I used to be Pioneer Platoon Comd for 2 years) At some point the pioneers are released for bridge construction - Koh will let you know the details.

Your tanks/vehicles cannot cross the muddy river banks  at this point, although they can provide sp fire,  so we need a bridge. It is imperative that you cross the river with your infantry so that the pioneers/engineers can build that bridge.

From recce, you are facing some AT guns and some infantry...thats all we know

Good luck!  Any other questions? Drop me a line

Hex 3,7 battle is created and axis PBEM commander TIGER67 is doing defensive set-up.

Good luck to Kuderian.

recon carriers on map at start, also FO.

at 5 minutes, shermans and infantry arrive

at 10 minutes, engineers arrive.

Now going to work on the last battle.

Hex 3,6 battle is created and axis PBEM commander TIGER67 is doing defensive set-up. He's fighting 2 battles. Dedicated type guy!

Good luck to PhilM.

recon half-tracks on map at start, also FO.

at 10 minutes, pioneer platoon arrives.

Well hello Phil!  If you scroll back far enough through this forum topic, you will find the good map with identifiers.

Your stack is the topmost one of the three.

Here is what you have:  B Coy, RCR, two troops of tanks (6 tanks), a troop of halftracks from 4PLDG (recce), arty (25 lbers) and the Regiment's pioneer platoon (treat them nice!  I used to be Pioneer Platoon Comd for 2 years) At some point the pioneers are released for bridge construction - Koh will let you know the details.

Your tanks/vehicles cannot cross the muddy river banks  at this point, although they can provide sp fire,  so we need a bridge. It is imperative that you cross the river with your infantry so that the pioneers/engineers can build that bridge.

From recce, you are facing some AT guns and some infantry...thats all we know

Good luck!  Any other questions? Drop me a line

Message understood ...

Hex 3,6 battle is created and axis PBEM commander TIGER67 is doing defensive set-up. He's fighting 2 battles. Dedicated type guy!

Good luck to PhilM.

recon half-tracks on map at start, also FO.

at 10 minutes, pioneer platoon arrives.

Just be sure I've got this right ... the dropbox now contains the battle file 002. This is (?) the file that TIGER67 is using for his setup, and I am to await file 003 to appear from him to use for my side ... correct?

Edited by PhilM

sorry i did not understand well the game procedure, i got the dropbox invitation by Phil and inside the is a file san donato002 that is for the german side till now all ok, but what i have to do now? i have to wait that the german side to make the setup? i think so but i dont know who is? so i can not contact him if it is all ok?

sorry for the question

sorry i did not understand well the game procedure, i got the dropbox invitation by Phil and inside the is a file san donato002 that is for the german side till now all ok, but what i have to do now? i have to wait that the german side to make the setup? i think so but i dont know who is? so i can not contact him if it is all ok?

sorry for the question

Marco:   that is the original file for the German player...he will do his setup and first move,  and it becomes file #003 which will be placed in the dropbox for you. Then you open it, setup, and do your first turn...and that becomes file #004. Simple eh? :)

Good morning from Texas. Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, to both of you. Let TIGER67 do his set-up and when he is done the next increment numbered file 003 will appear in the folder and then it is your allied set up.

EDIT: I will e-mail all of you as a group to open a way for quick communication in the event of a PBEM issue.

Edited by kohlenklau

OK guys, this commander is heading out for 2-3 days of beer drinking and merriment with my lass....hopefully you have a good start!  Back Monday. Cheers!

Rest assured, there will absolutely NO partying whatsoever here whilst your attention is elsewhere ... :D