CMPzC Operation "Bloody Christmas" (Ortona '43)

I have almost finished the PzC preps, so that left side tach will be revving nice and high. I will update my dashboard on Monday...

The PzC submap is finished. I think it looks great, screenshot at bottom. 

Labels added: Ortona, San Leonardo, San Vito, N.16, Torrente Moro, Adriatic Sea, Cider Crossroads, Casa Berardi.

Objectives also added. 

I made a custom PzC oob file "Salerno_Ortona_CMPzC.oob" by adding in Canadian units and graphics for the little unit counters.

I have some minor oob headcount tweaking to do. 

Ortona%20Map_zpsnrptavkr.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

So, I am sending out engraved invitations to many folks to come and participate even if for just one battle.

Matching stationery and envelope, an inner envelope, fancy calligraphy in silver ink with an RSVP!

Most everybody at first cringes,.. "Not another damn wedding to buy a gift for! How many toasters does a guy have to buy in one life?" :D

No! Only kidding. Just by PM...

The approach to this CMPzC Operation is going to be totally relaxed.

No AAR will be required from any player at all.

I will use this post to tell about things as through FOW shrouded view of say a Canadian News reporter with ties to the allied high command as he sips whiskey with the Divisional commander.

If nobody steps up to be the Canadian CO, I will decide the Canadian moves based on history and standard tactics.

New Start Date: 07 May 2015. VE Day. :D

We're going to slide the start to the right as I have found a Canadian CO but he is not available until early May. 

ChappyCanuck is a retired Canadian Army officer and is probably bringing a buddy with him..a retired Canadian Army tank officer!

I think it is well worth the wait and I will expand the turns to 4 or 5 which gives everybody an extra battle probably...

If you are on the roster and are still interested and ok with the delay, just check in here and say hello. It is gonna be a great time I promise!

They are PBEM soldiers. Some folks express an interest but might not answer when we call muster.

And nobody volunteered to be the CO. Now I got you. Right? 

I think it will all work out perfect. Nobody really wants to fight every battle or has the time. So, each guy can get a couple battles each.

This can stay on your back burner til you get back from vacation in May. I will have a "battle booklet" ready to explain the parts of the operation and get the ball rolling.

To all Canadian commanders who are not Canadian citizens:  to prepare for your role you must...

1.  eat as much bacon as you can

2.  acquire a small, round piece of hard black rubber, make lots of ice cubes and put them on your lawn, and find a weird looking stick to hit the rubber black thing

3.  Beaver is our national animal so go hunting after as much beaver as you can ;)

That should do it. Welcome aboard lol

Chappy, they should also probably watch some Canadian cultural documentaries like Trailer Park Boys and The Great White North with Bob and Doug McKenzie, and of course listening to Rush.  That's how I became an honorary Canadian.

Gee mj, I could marry you!  lol

Martha might object, plus I'd need a large dowry, probably too much for a retired Canadian infantry officer.  But if you could get me backstage at a Rush concert, one where Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles show up, we could maybe negotiate....

sweet!  yeah, the Lady Jacqueline would probably not approve either...I saw Rush last summer in Halifax though!