CMPzC Operation "Bloody Christmas" (Ortona '43)

Hey Jerry,

OK, looks good, I notified axis.

Allies will open and process the odd numbered files and upload an even numbered file.

Axis will open and process those evens and upload you back an odd numbered. You guys should see 005 next.....

The baby mortars you have in your platoons you can do point target.

But the 81's...I think the rules HAD said no point targets. I looked and could not find it again.

Guess I better pick up the pace on my "rewrite the rules" project.

I think we can have point targets for the 81's but not for 25 pounders.  

Koh,*

I have not found anything telling us "no point targets" besides what you already wrote:

8.   Artillery and mortars: Please follow the rules for our policy of restricting artillery and mortars from overtaking the game. Defender cannot preplan any fire. Both sides have a max diameter for area fire per “tube”. 20m per EACH mortar and 35m for EACH “tube” of regular artillery. Plus up to 10% wiggle room since it can be hard to exactly adjust it with your mouse. The exact diameter you have requested can be double-checked in the artillery mission dialog box under the spotter for the mission. Example: 2 mortars would be an area target of 2x20=40x1.1= 44m max diameter. 4 x105mm artillery guns = 4x35=140x1.1 =154m max diameter. Got it?

Ok, have played a couple of turns with Kuderian without complaint so ASSUME the mechanics of moving the files around are working for both the Allied and Axis players? 

Not too hard once you get the hang of it...playing a mashed up multiplayer game is pretty interesting...

Of course, I say that before the Panzers start rolling in...

:(

So, one question...how do I get to see that resolution of combat?

Once I enter my moves and hit the red button, it takes me straight to the save menu and then it goes back to the main menu and increments the turn....

If I try and watch that turn in my outgoing email, it flips to the axis side and my password won't work?  Is Kuderian the only allied player that can watch the turn?

I would like to see the flow of action...SOMEONE is shooting at my AT gun and I can't figure out who....I tried to watch the file I receive from Kuderian and it want me to enter moves...

Help.

OK guys I'm back from my "tenting on a ballfield weekend with copious quantities of beer, burgers and festival tunes"!!!

I watched the first 2 turns.

SOMEONE is shooting at my AT gun and I can't figure out who

Grunt_GI, that looks like Nebelwerfer artillery raining down on you. Yikes. Take cover!

Hmmmm B Company Commander is dead, the FOO is dead, and the AT gun is on it's last legs.....not a good start.

Unless I'm mistaken, with the FOO and B Coy Comd out, the large arty can only be accessed by A Coy and its FOO?

News could not have been worst for D Company. I hope B, acting new commander, will able to maintain the bridgehead if the PZ grenadiers and tanks are attempting to move down to the Moro

Cheer

Edited by snake_eye

Now would be an opportune moment for the tankers to ride to the rescue in the nick of time but I fear they are off in some Italian villa mingling with the locals and thus unavailable for military operations. Perhaps I should change the regimental motto from adsum to getsome :lol:

Edited by Stonecutter

Since we are representing the Royal Canadian Regiment in this campaign, today is one of three days of year that is celebrated in its Regimental history.  On July 10, 1943, the Regiment landed at Pachino, Sicily, hereafter to be known as "Pachino Day" (no link to Al Pacino lol) and launched the Italian campaign under 1st Canadian Infantry Division (with the red patch).

Today, Regimental members (and former members like myself) celebrate the day by eating spaghetti and drinking red wine - no lie! 

Happy Pachino Day!

I am also going to have spaghetti tonight (and red wine) in recognition of that event. Thanks for sharing that!

<<Now for some Italian language training as an aside note. In Italian, the ci and chi have different sounds. c and i together give you the ch sound in English Church or chimney. The famous watch Gucci is Goo-Chee. The coffee with milk is cappuccino KAP-Poo-Chee-No. But it is a funny trick to us English speakers that the C+h+i combo is not the church sound but is pronounced as a hard k sound like the word key. So Pachino is indeed PA-KEY-No. And old Godfather Michael Coreleone actor Al Pacino is Al Pa-chee-no. :D  >>