No Modules Neccessary?

You can play, as it stands at the moment, you just can't use anything that comes out of any of the modules/packs that your opponent doesn't have (in this case, any of them at all). So if it's a scenario that he's got in his install, that he could load and play vsAI you can play it. I think the best way to help you not use "incompatible" forces is if he starts the process of generating the game. That way, a QB will be in the right area and timescale and your force parameters at least will be within allowed bounds. I can't say for sure whether cross-month addins like flamethrowers will be "greyed out" for you, but best check and make as sure as you can if you're QBing that you haven't picked any units that appear in later releases.

You do both have to be on exactly the same version of the engine though, so v2 at least since you have MG.

I didn't think the "You can use whatever modules your opponent has" thing had been rolled out to anyone yet... Or did I miss something? You've always been able to play vs someone with different modules, with the working options restricted to TO&E and terrain both installs have in common, haven't you?

BFC has setting up the game engine so you will eventually be able to play anybody against anybody including modules. The last big patch/upgrade set up the infrastructure for it. I'm guessing (I don't really know) the final coding and testing aren't there yet so it'll be activated once all the t's are crossed and i's dotted.

BFC has setting up the game engine so you will eventually be able to play anybody against anybody including modules. The last big patch/upgrade set up the infrastructure for it. I'm guessing (I don't really know) the final coding and testing aren't there yet so it'll be activated once all the t's are crossed and i's dotted.

Now I'm really confused.

In the announcement for the master installer here: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117168-new-cmbn-master-installers/?hl=%2Bmaster+%2Binstaller

Moon said (my emphasis):

5- this system will enable us to, in the future, allow h2h play between players who do not own the same content. In other words, you'll be able to play against someone with Commonwealth Forces, even if you haven't purchased that module. You won't, of course, be able to use content in solo play if you haven't purchased it yourself. Note that this is planned for future releases, not a new feature available now!

So MikeyD, do you mean, rather:

...you will eventually be able to play anybody against anybody including using content from modules you don't have...

?

Or is there some impediment that's been revealed that means you can't play June '44 Amis and Heer in Normandy with anyone who's got BN?