CMPzC Operation "Nyak Leves" (Budapest '45)

Personally, playing Hungary without snow does not phase me, sure it as to the atmosphere but you could adlib and say the russians pushed faster into Hungary and got there by September/October.

This is outside the 'CMPzC range though' another good encirclement and tank action was in March, Hube's Breakout. I am in the start of making a CMRT campaign of this, almost finished my first map.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamenets-Podolsky_Pocket

Edited by Ardem

It is funny how we use things like that as time benchmarks. The correlation of your fatherhood and other noteworthy life events  marks also what you were doing in your CM hobby. :D

I appreciate what you are doing, trying to assist. Thank you! I will check through the dropbox and I hope I find some valuable stuff.

Do you mod? Do you make CMRT maps? Do you make scenarios? DO you own PzC Budapest '45 or any other titles? :D

LOL noteworthy cause I had to give up my CM hobby cause my daughter was taking that time, DAMN children hahhaa.

I am in the process of doing a campaign for CMRT, first toe dip in. I used to make a lot of CM maps long ago and scenarios, but the new version never had the time to do these things until now. There is much more better artists then me out the in doing mods, so I rely on them.

But if you need help in map making that I can help with, but stil want to play so you going to have to add the unit details, unless we talking player v AI

CMPzC Operation is H2H battles. At least until (and hopefully never!) interest is so dismally low that we must play the AI!

...and even if you help me to make maps, it does not disqualify you from participation in any way. :D

I will PM you and Jagger to get e-mail addresses and establish a dropbox for collaboration on maps and such.

And you probably know the drill, we have to "sign out the maps" by talking to each other so any work is gathered in the saved file and not lost due to simultaneous labors...

I can haul a$$ on maps, so don't worry, if you get busy with your RL and daughter, I got it covered. But all help is very, very much appreciated!

Over in CMFI, I have selected an approx 5x5 PzC map sector for Ortona "Bloody Christmas", I will do just 3 PzC turns to keep it small and explore the concept.

Allied units are the Canadians. I think I will play as axis Opfor Commander with some partners. Preprogrammed defense to give those Canucks a good run for their money!

I find google earth a very useful tool for making CM maps and such. I don't know if I use it in the proper manner, maybe I am holding the hammer wrong or pounding a nail with a wrench!

I put pins in the corners of my desired area and measure the line lengths and move them around as needed. Then I do an elevation profile along the line to see how the terrain changes look.

You don't have to duplicate the terrain elevations 126, 128 etc, just establish and achieve the relative differences in the map editor, +5, +2, -3, -5 from some benchmark like good ol' default 20 if that works.

Google%20Earth%20as%20my%20CM%20Tool_zps

Edited by kohlenklau

"Team Nyakleves" is Migo441, Ardem and myself. 

We have selected a submap from the PzC B45 Budepest campaign map!

We have a timeframe! 23 October 1944.

We have a semi-historical basis to develop a PzC scenario!

We have great background material on axis and allied oob's! More details to follow.

We have awesome 1944 AMS maps to guide CMRT map creation!

I plan to do some small mods for roadsigns and vehicles. (I am also looking at a Hungarian greatcoat uniform mod...)

This is coming down the pike very rapidly and "Team Nyakleves" is excited to be offering pre-order sign up seats to the first 10 forumites interested. :D

Nyakleves2_zpsd9ay2wzq.jpg

I finished the first draft on the PzC scenario and sent it to my partners Ardem and Migo for a play test. It is 1000 on 23 October 1944. A Soviet Cavalry Corps have been pushing northward to cut off the German 8th Army.

The Germans respond by sending panzer forces to in turn cut off the Cavalry Corps. "NYAKLEVES!!!"

I am actually hitting the sack right now. I did play you a few turns! My PBEMs are going great. I have never enjoyed this hobby more than now.

New internet connection helps a lot with uploads and downloads....and a great new PC I got for turning half a century old. 

My strategy is that when I get tired or wiped out on one CM project I shift over to another and it is a good system. I do have many collaborators which I am thankful for.

I am not afraid to ask for help on these projects and I am very fortunate to be healthy and have 2 great sons.

But I do think I will let all these finish out and not take on anything new until after the new Bulge game comes out.

I have a master bathroom to finish up and a few other house projects to work on.

But when I hear CM helper make that "ding!", I will drop my tools and run over to send you back a turn, Jerry!

My partners have reviewed my PzC scenario and seem to think it is worthy. we are starting to make maps and will aim for a May start for this operation.

5 turns planned. Right now it is umpire versus axis. If we determine we have suitable players and a CO and XO for each side, we may go full blown as axis versus allies.

This is the current roster, subject to change based on feedback. I need a CO on each side to step forward or be pushed forward by the men behind him!

Nyakleves%20Roster_zpspocpnnog.png[/u

We will start off nice and easy. A "battle booklet" will be distributed to show the background to the Operation, organizational structure, OOB, key rules you need to know as a foot soldier, the location of the men's room, nearby restaurants and bars.... We can review previous Operations and have a kick off party at my house. :D 

Edited by kohlenklau

Maps in progress from a 1944 DMS map. 

CM OOB's starting to be written.

I am hoping to have a small role for my [WIP] Hungarian mod. Otherwise it will be strictly Germans vs Soviets.

Once again, this is to be October 1944. No snow was on the ground. CMRT date range already goes to 30September1944

and offers Eastern Europe for building styles. I think this will be very well portrayed. Even fudging the date to pretend to be out at 23 October 1944.

We'll use 23 September...

this is all a new industry standard. sell a popular title in little bite sized (battlefront = spensive bites) pieces in order to 1..you guessed it and 2 to have us get the pre order after death plan. Has anyone figured out strategic commnd yet?. :P And one more thing. What does bagration have to do with anything without barbarossa first?...is it abuse or do they just want us to wait for the commercial? If these guys dont shape up i bet matirx has a cheap and crappy version of cm karkov 40 something. happy gaming :wub: