Russian NVG weirdness

jomni

I know they work because I played the campaign missions, but in my current PBEM, they are not wearing them and the US are chewing us up. It is night time and the weather is dense fog.

Only Russian reconnaissance units have NVG's, standard infantry are stuck with only NV scopes on there rifles.

Edited by Raptorx7

Eeek! I'm screwed. Do these work well in fog? I can only see up until the middle of a street when inside buildings as if they're just using their mark 1 eyeballs.

That means they scan the horizon using eyeballs but shoot with the NV sights? Is that working as designed? I can't even plot area fire because they can't see the next building.

Edited by jomni

Nope. Need thermals for seeing through fog or during overcast/new moon conditions if you're expecting daylightesque visibility.

The US forces have a a thermal rifle scopoe than can see through fog IIRC. It is called the TWS (Thermal Weapon Sights) or LWTS (Light Weight Thermal Sights).

The US forces have a a thermal rifle scopoe than can see through fog IIRC. It is called the TWS (Thermal Weapon Sights) or LWTS (Light Weight Thermal Sights).

In-game they have one better than that: the standard NV set is a mixed image intensifying/thermal rig for Americans.