Did you receive your hardcopy yet ?

Mine arrived today in the mail.

Two wire bound manuals.  Version 3.0 Game manual in B&W, the CMBS Manual is slightly smaller sized (same width, maybe 2 inches shorter) but in full colour, nice quality paper.  Looks great.  Disc is in an aluminum, square tin, same as Fortress Italy.  Not as nice as the CMBN Metal Case.

Aloko Mac,

Not yet, but then, I barely made the pre-order deadline. Therefore, I'm not shocked. Additionally, the weather here is so bad an entire transit system has shut down operations for safety reasons. Don't know whether the Post Office is delivering. If the goodies are coming by mail, that is.

Andrew Kulin,

Didn't your handle use to be Ankulin? Or is my memory off? I recall you were a CMx1 ROW terror. On a separate note, you take beautiful photographs. Film, digital or a mix?

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

John:

Yes I was originally ID'd as ANKulin and while I did participate in the latter Rumblings of War tournaments, I would not have classed myself as a terror.  My pixel truppen on the other hand, on learning I was assigned as commander, well they may have experienced some terror ...

And all my photos are digital though I did start off in days of film, I only really started taking it up as serious hobby after I purchased my first digital camera in 2003.  Thanks for the compliment.

Andrew Kulin,

I did some research, and the facts indicate you're a much better ROW player than you think you were. Agreed you weren't BigDuke6 or walpurgis nacht, but you were better than many others, facing some incredibly tough competitors. Here's the latter part of the ROW V thread. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/45410-row-v-part-5/

Regards,

John Kettler

It was fast coming to my door !

I'm really impressed by the overall quality of the Manuals, absolutly gorgeous !

reminds me of the old days when buying a strategy / Sim game was also a matter of buying a paper printed manual.

I've read both and I've found very good value and informations in the CMBS one.

Did I say the quality was great ? 

I can now use it as a reference when Im playing the game.

Thanks Battlefront and all people involved, this is a great game and also a very nice product.

Aloko Mac,

Just got mine, and I'm very glad I preordered. The physical CMBS Manual is much easier to read than the PDF because the text is clearer and the contrast ratio higher. The grayish green backdrop for the logo appears to be a cast concrete wall, which is battle scarred.  I intensely dislike reversed (white on black) text, which is even harder to deal with in the midst of the typical kind, as is true here, but I at least don't go blind trying to read the UI screens. Progress!

I also got the 3.0 Version of the CM Game Engine Manual, which is about an inch taller, with large black print on an almost completely empty white cover. It has significantly larger and easier to read type than does its smaller and colorful sibling. The game box was a bit of a shock, for I was expecting some sort of cool screened on graphics. Instead, the front cover has a hole in it the size of the DVD, said hole closed with a clear plastic cover. Inside that storage container in the bottom part is a plastic insert which fills the interior and has a center spindle, impaled upon which is the CMBS DVD. The box doesn't really float my boat, but those manuals and having a physical disk do.

Having spiral bindings on the manuals is great. For me, at least (have neither CMFI nor CMRT, so have no idea how things were done in Pre-order there), such binding is a CMx1 and CMx2 first. The manuals lie flat, there's no worry about breaking the spine, straining to read text which is devoured on the spine side of the page and other problems generated by a PB manual printed on stiff, thick rough textured paper. These manuals are printed on high grade enamel stock, and it really shows in terms of improved readability, clarity and crispness of the text, especially when set against the brilliant white of the stock.

All in all, if budget permits, Pre-order is the way to go. Thanks, BFC!

Regards,

John Kettler

Aloko Mac,

Just got mine, and I'm very glad I preordered. The physical CMBS Manual is much easier to read than the PDF because the text is clearer and the contrast ratio higher. The grayish green backdrop for the logo appears to be a cast concrete wall, which is battle scarred.  I intensely dislike reversed (white on black) text, which is even harder to deal with in the midst of the typical kind, as is true here, but I at least don't go blind trying to read the UI screens. Progress!

I also got the 3.0 Version of the CM Game Engine Manual, which is about an inch taller, with large black print on an almost completely empty white cover. It has significantly larger and easier to read type than does its smaller and colorful sibling. The game box was a bit of a shock, for I was expecting some sort of cool screened on graphics. Instead, the front cover has a hole in it the size of the DVD, said hole closed with a clear plastic cover. Inside that storage container in the bottom part is a plastic insert which fills the interior and has a center spindle, impaled upon which is the CMBS DVD. The box doesn't really float my boat, but those manuals and having a physical disk do.

Having spiral bindings on the manuals is great. For me, at least (have neither CMFI nor CMRT, so have no idea how things were done in Pre-order there), such binding is a CMx1 and CMx2 first. The manuals lie flat, there's no worry about breaking the spine, straining to read text which is devoured on the spine side of the page and other problems generated by a PB manual printed on stiff, thick rough textured paper. These manuals are printed on high grade enamel stock, and it really shows in terms of improved readability, clarity and crispness of the text, especially when set against the brilliant white of the stock.

All in all, if budget permits, Pre-order is the way to go. Thanks, BFC!

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

To be honest I was kinda disapointed by the CD Box as well, but to be really honest I shelved the box the day it arrived and Im sure it will never move from this place.

the main reasons I pre ordered was because of the pre release of the game, which turn out very bad for me as I couldn't download the game until after the non preordered guys did !

I tried countless times with errors everytime (mac version here), at the end I waited like 2 or 3 days reading reports from users on this forum lol.

The other reason was the manuals, and I must say I really like them, especially as you said the spiral binding is the way to go for this kind of document.

I only wish the Game Menu and briefing screens would be as readable as the manuals, because as it is the font is way too small for my taste and I still dont understand why there is so much blank space in theses screens. But Maybe Im getting old, well my eyes are getting old for sure !

Dimitri.

Im based in the UK, still havent received my hard copy yet.

You might want to check with your post office. ISTR that there have been problems before with either them or customs holding up delivery. But some delay for overseas mail is normal. You might want to give it another week before pounding on anybody's desk.

Michael

Got mine about a week ago. Took about three or four days after I received notice. I think I'm probably within 100 miles of BFC. Wonder if they have an outlet store (we are talking Maine here)

Edited by Vet 0369