Multi-Player Grand Campaign

Willing to participate if it's NOT PBEM. tcp/ip only. Great idea.

It would come down to the individuals participating in the battle for that particular week on how they want to play it out (PBEM vs TCPIP).  I know some guys have a preference to play one versus the other due to the time constraints that each has. (some players don't like waiting for their opponent to mail his turn and some players don't have 2+ hours to dedicate to a full game, plus you have the added problem with players located in different parts of the world which in turn create a logistical problem of its own for both playstyles.

It would come down to the individuals participating in the battle for that particular week on how they want to play it out (PBEM vs TCPIP).  I know some guys have a preference to play one versus the other due to the time constraints that each has. (some players don't like waiting for their opponent to mail his turn and some players don't have 2+ hours to dedicate to a full game, plus you have the added problem with players located in different parts of the world which in turn create a logistical problem of its own for both playstyles.

I understand the argument for doing PBEM - but i personally find it unbearable. Just a heads up if you do another round of this.

it shouldn't be hard to organize a smaller group of players (10 or less) to do tcpip games by certain deadlines.

Edited by tyrspawn

I understand the argument for doing PBEM - but i personally find it unbearable. Just a heads up if you do another round of this.

it shouldn't be hard to organize a smaller group of players (10 or less) to do tcpip games by certain deadlines.

Like I said I would prefer the players to work out how they want to complete their battles for the campaign turn.  I do not want to say that they have to be this or the other as that will appease some and alienate the others.  Players will need to be flexible and make compromises depending on circumstances.

PM me you email Krause and I will add you to the growing list of players that I am going to contact this weekend about ironing out all the small details like this.

Like I said I would prefer the players to work out how they want to complete their battles for the campaign turn.  I do not want to say that they have to be this or the other as that will appease some and alienate the others.  Players will need to be flexible and make compromises depending on circumstances.

PM me you email Krause and I will add you to the growing list of players that I am going to contact this weekend about ironing out all the small details like this.

wilco

Email has been sent to all of those who provided contact information.  Once we get some input from players and teams are selected Campaign should be able to start next week.  Backstory and general campaign map will be posted for all soon!  ;)