Have a old Hard Copy from Paragon

I have the old paradox copy (all inc patches from v1.02),  I have purchased all of the modules after the original from battlefront.  I'm not sure if I can locate the key for the DVD anymore.

Is there anyway of not having to buy one all over - btw this is only because chris mentioned that CMSF might get upgraded to CMBS version.

I have all the other keys (Brits, Marines, NATO) may I please get a good key to make this work I did pay for it once already

Edited by Daroc

The amount of work it will take to make CMSF current is more than likely going to mean it is essentially a brand new game.  That being said BF has not made any definitive statements on how they intend to do this so it may still be true you want to prove you have a licensed copy.

Keys are a discussion you would need to speak directly to BF for.  Open a ticket with the helpdesk, this is an unofficial self help user forum.

Unless you need to play just the base CMSF game by itself (without any modules), then you do NOT really need the Paradox license key (though I don't know what exact copy-protection system the Paradox version uses).

Assuming you have the license keys for all of the modules (since you say that you do), then the following installation order should get you running:

CMSF reinstall procedure

If your copy of the Marines module is NOT part of a bundle, then you typically do NOT need to install the 1.10 patch (since all of that content should be a part of the full Marines module). Bundles that include the Marines module may NOT have all of the content and would need the 1.10 patch.

If you get a 501 error, you may be using the wrong license key. You will have to look closely at the activation dialog box to see which license key it needs. If you get an error 11 (or -11 ?), then you may have run out of activations for that license key (each one comes with two). eLicense has an unlicensing procedure that you want to use before making significant changes to a computer (upgrading, etc.) OR when you are no longer going to use that game/module on that computer. Unlicensing preserves an activation so that you can use it again on another install of the game/module. If you are unable to unlicense a previous activation, then you will need to open a ticket at the Helpdesk (click on the blue '+new ticket' in the upper right corner) and provide the license keys that need to be 'reset' to allow for another activation.

Unless you need to play just the base CMSF game by itself (without any modules), then you do NOT really need the Paradox license key (though I don't know what exact copy-protection system the Paradox version uses).

Assuming you have the license keys for all of the modules (since you say that you do), then the following installation order should get you running:

CMSF reinstall procedure

If your copy of the Marines module is NOT part of a bundle, then you typically do NOT need to install the 1.10 patch (since all of that content should be a part of the full Marines module). Bundles that include the Marines module may NOT have all of the content and would need the 1.10 patch.

If you get a 501 error, you may be using the wrong license key. You will have to look closely at the activation dialog box to see which license key it needs. If you get an error 11 (or -11 ?), then you may have run out of activations for that license key (each one comes with two). eLicense has an unlicensing procedure that you want to use before making significant changes to a computer (upgrading, etc.) OR when you are no longer going to use that game/module on that computer. Unlicensing preserves an activation so that you can use it again on another install of the game/module. If you are unable to unlicense a previous activation, then you will need to open a ticket at the Helpdesk (click on the blue '+new ticket' in the upper right corner) and provide the license keys that need to be 'reset' to allow for another activation.

I have a fully upgraded installed CMSF again - Thanks to you're link which I followed and had no problems.