any brits here have good sources for the red dwarf tv series?

There is another way to get your Red Dwarf fix. I was a fan in the 90's and recently went back to watch them again. Good times.

Just buy a Star Stream X 4  box.  See all the Red Dwarf you want. They have been around where I am for quite some time. You just need unlimited internet access.

Edited by gundolf

Sublime,

There's a site called Project Free TV Video Online and another called Watch Series which have the amazing Red Dwarf and gobs of other goodies, such as Danger: UXB. I remember how the male lead in Red Dwarf was pining over curry and talking about some incomprehensible to me (never heard of them) Papa Dooms. I'd eaten a bunch of meals, including curry, at Indian restaurants over a period of years but was a naan man, not knowing there was something else to be had. Once had what I didn't realize until too late (pungent spices masked aroma and batter their presence) was an onion fritter. A shocking first bite, since onions and I don't get on! Returning to a cheerier note...

By a remarkable synchronicity, in the remaining hours before my crash move from California early in 2010, brother Ed took me to an Indian restaurant close to LAX. There, as a snack while waiting for the food, I finally encountered the elusive, somewhat spicy and tasty papadum. Then I knew why the kid was going on about why he always ordered extras with his curry. My favorite Red Dwarf episode involved a canary and a time machine. Won't say more, lest I spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

If you wish to see a first rate British crime drama, may I commend to your attention the superb DCI Banks? Unfortunately, it follows the maddening British TV practice--six episodes only/season. If you're used to Law and Order here in the States (20+ episodes.season), you may need sedation because you'll be frustrated beyond words: You start watching, blink once, and the season's done! DCI Banks is also at the sites listed. What I particularly love about the show, aside from the great characters, is Yorkshire, especially the moor and his place. Apparently, the new season starts March 4th!

Regards,

John Kettler

If you wish to see a first rate British crime drama...

You might want to take a look a Broadchurch. The first season (8 episodes) is available streamed via Netflix. I've given up predicting what people will like or not like, but I liked this one a lot. It works on several levels as the death of a boy leads to the unraveling of an entire community. Works both as a sociological investigation and as a spanking good crime story.

Michael

Sublime,

The two I mentioned are free. Your resource priorities are inarguable, too!

Michael Emrys,

That's called wisdom. Can be pricey; just ask Odin! Thanks for letting me know about "Broadchurch.". Devoured first new episode of "DCI Banks," so now get to wait a week in order to watch the episode which, when over, will leave me already 1/3 through the long awaited season. Gah! 

Regards,

John Kettler

I recently discovered after a 10 year hiatus there was a series 9 Red Dwarf in 2009 and a series 10 created in 2012. I watched them all in one day on Genesis, and in HD. The prior older series were never in HD. The changes in appearance since the series came out in 1988 were apparent, Kryten is a pudgy mechanoid now, and Arnold J Rimmer proves that holograms do age, but they are every bit as funny. The cat kinda looked the same tho.

I recently discovered after a 10 year hiatus there was a series 9 Red Dwarf in 2009 and a series 10 created in 2012. I watched them all in one day on Genesis, and in HD. The prior older series were never in HD. The changes in appearance since the series came out in 1988 were apparent, Kryten is a pudgy mechanoid now, and Arnold J Rimmer proves that holograms do age, but they are every bit as funny. The cat kinda looked the same tho.

FWIW, The cat retired to the Caribbean, and now helps imported Detective Inspectors solve murders (Death in Paradise).

As to being as good, l always found the entire Red Dwarf series to be so bad, it was good*.  The series was/is not for everyone. Much like the movie Strange Brew ("Take Off, Eh!"). Or Father Ted (DRINK! FECK! ARSE! GIRLS!).

* although the scenes following the one when Kryton detached his hand to summon help, was outright hilarious on any level.

• 3 weeks later...