M16 for US Army

Hi all. I was wondering if there is a mod, or if it is possible for me to do a simple edit myself, to give the US Army infantrymen M16's. It's a purely cosmetic thing for me, but I recently discovered the Euroscape mod for CMSF (I know, I've apparently been living under a rock or something) and I was hoping to equip the Army with M16's for a more 1980's feel. Again it is purely cosmetic and if it is not possible then that is ok. Any help or info would be great. Thanks!

Hi all. I was wondering if there is a mod, or if it is possible for me to do a simple edit myself, to give the US Army infantrymen M16's. It's a purely cosmetic thing for me, but I recently discovered the Euroscape mod for CMSF (I know, I've apparently been living under a rock or something) and I was hoping to equip the Army with M16's for a more 1980's feel. Again it is purely cosmetic and if it is not possible then that is ok. Any help or info would be great. Thanks!

i think the closest you can get to that would be swapping the models and textures of the US Armys M4s with the M16A4 from the Marine module or the C7 from the NATO module (with some re-coloring).  maybe even use the M16s from the Afghan game as well but i think those are M16A1s. So while you can get something closer to it you wont quite have the M16A2s you seek. Its all very simple to do if you don't mind the slight differences like having rails with optics and all.

It should be simple enough if you have the Marines module.

Unpack the game  files. Find the Gun_M16.mdr (or whatever it's called) and its corresponding Lods and copy them.

Rename the files to match that of the Gun_m4.mdr and lods and drop them in your mod folder.

So Gun_M16.mdr becomes Gun_M4.mdr etc.

I don't have CMSF installed at the moment so the names are just guesswork.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Vein