Please NO Marines or NATO forces module !

Wiggum15

Didn't some one say the USMC was changing into a rapid reaction force and wouldn't be commited to conventional warfare in the future? Also some people have commented on the Marines landing in the Crimea. Since the Crimea is de facto part of Russia wouldn't this be an escalation NATO would not want?

More info than you probably wanted, but....

The USMC has always been a rapid reaction force alongside US Army airborne forces. The forces have different but mutually supporting capabilities. 

The new "crisis response" special purpose marine air ground task forces" (SPMAGTFs) are a new standing task organization, just like MEUs. The SPMAGTF-CRs are essentially 'air contingency' battalions with organic lift and attached enablers. Both MEUs and SPMAGTF-CRs have a 6 hour notification, meaning that after receiving a task, they will plan and initiate a mission within no less than 6 hours. 

The CRs can also vary widely in task organization, depending on their theater. The CENTCOM SPMAGTF-CR for example is bigger than the SPMAGTF-CR in Spain, which covers Africa/Europe.

MEUs are a lot more robust than a SPMAGTF-CR and have a forcible-entry capability. CRs do not have that capability.

Both MEUs and CRs are composed of conventional USMC units which get additional training for their mission sets.

Additionally they both are organized to aggregate into a single larger MAGTF in a scalable manner when required. They will usually be the lead unit for additional USMC forces arriving from the US or other bases. This is how these units would operate against a conventional opponent. Here is a shiny slide that demonstrates the general concept:

EF21-in-Action.jpg

Edited by Imperial Grunt

Do you guys want something new and exotic to play with?

Don't look any further: let the French armed forces in.

Long overdue...

I've been waiting for that since CMSF was released (when was that ????).

Patience wearing out, I'm afraid...

If the French look anything like your avatar, there is a reason they were not invited to the party.   :P :P  :P

Seriously, I would love to see the French in CMBS

Edited by BlackMoria

Marines is a given, they probably sell better than anything else and in CMSF they feel different enough, specially with their big infantry platoons

In one of CMSF modules, they included US light infantry formations that were a challenge too, and fun to play

And I would like for the French to be included at last, not very familiar with their stuff, but I´m not counting on it, UK, Germany and Poland are much more likely

In any case, every module should, and probably will, include some red forces, airborne, naval infantry, separatists are all good candidates, special forces (as in seals, spetnatz, etc.) I´m not sure are a good fit for this games

I'd buy pretty much anything realistically going to show up to a war in the Ukraine. That said:

High priority:

Germany

UK

Poland

Unconventionals

Moderate priority

France

VDV

Italy

USMC

Meh

Supersmall NATO countries (OH BOY THE NETHERLANDS HAS SHOWN UP WITH ALL ZERO TANKS!)

Russia Marines (BTR pointed it out, they're really nothing that interesting that couldn't be packed with a better module) 

Super-out there participants (non-NATO western countries, the pretty much fictional at this point Russian allies)

Chesty Puller is turning over in his grave!  Marines are a must ... from both sides actually.   Also feel the standard NATO representation is for a reason, they are filling the breach now and will undoubtedly in the future.  Whole heartedly agree about Polish representation and separatists though. 

More info than you probably wanted, but....

The USMC has always been a rapid reaction force alongside US Army airborne forces. The forces have different but mutually supporting capabilities. 

The new "crisis response" special purpose marine air ground task forces" (SPMAGTFs) are a new standing task organization, just like MEUs. The SPMAGTF-CRs are essentially 'air contingency' battalions with organic lift and attached enablers. Both MEUs and SPMAGTF-CRs have a 6 hour notification, meaning that after receiving a task, they will plan and initiate a mission within no less than 6 hours. 

The CRs can also vary widely in task organization, depending on their theater. The CENTCOM SPMAGTF-CR for example is bigger than the SPMAGTF-CR in Spain, which covers Africa/Europe.

MEUs are a lot more robust than a SPMAGTF-CR and have a forcible-entry capability. CRs do not have that capability.

Both MEUs and CRs are composed of conventional USMC units which get additional training for their mission sets.

Additionally they both are organized to aggregate into a single larger MAGTF in a scalable manner when required. They will usually be the lead unit for additional USMC forces arriving from the US or other bases. This is how these units would operate against a conventional opponent. Here is a shiny slide that demonstrates the general concept:

EF21-in-Action.jpg

Littoral penetration sites...that's what I want

Wiggum15,

I narrowly escaped decorating my keyboard and display with half chewed pizza while reading your lead! Clearly, you have no reverence for the Corps or MARPAT. If you don't want such a module, I'll buy one to replace you, but mine has to run on OS X. We're getting separatists--both sides.

Saferight,

Pretty much my reaction, though usage would be in the vernacular, rather than the theological.

sburke,

No fall or winter? Sniff. And no, I'm not catching a cold!

Black Moria and Saferight,

Poles are a must. With high motivation factor!

antaress73,

Love to see the T-14--if it actually exists as envisioned and enters service and is deployed to Ukraine. 

George MC,

At the rate things are going, the British will have to borrow tanks from Switzerland. Horrifying Challenger 2 situation--RAC has no tanks.

Imperial Grunt,

The alphabet soup is now escaped the bowl and is threatening to take over the world! Then we have "Disaggregated Company Sized Landing Teams." Synonymous with arrive in a jumble and spread all over kingdom come? Hope not! Good info, though, since I was still in MEU and MEB Land, with some MAGTF thrown in.

Regards,

John Kettler

Imperial Grunt,

The alphabet soup is now escaped the bowl and is threatening to take over the world! Then we have "Disaggregated Company Sized Landing Teams." Synonymous with arrive in a jumble and spread all over kingdom come? Hope not! Good info, though, since I was still in MEU and MEB Land, with some MAGTF thrown in.

Lol... pretty much. The concept is for company sized 'landing teams" landing at different places rather than entire battalion landing team hitting in one area. A company landing team is a super reinforced rifle company with all kinds of attachments and enablers. 

Look, no acronyms!

If CMBS is just the first step towards a modern-era "construction set", I don't see how you can possibly omit USMC or other NATO countries. There are so many scenario possibilities in and around the Black Sea region besides just the Ukraine that to OMIT USMC and NATO would be overlooking a huge resource for scenario builders.

I have never owned CMSF nor do I plan on purchasing it. It came out what, 7 or 8 years ago? So to say "they're already in CMSF" is not a valid argument for others like me who are in the same situation. 

I would definitely like a NATO module.

NATO does not mean Great Britain only, there are a couple of dozens countries only in Europe that could be used as an expansion. So saying no to NATO is quite extreme in my opinion, even foolish.

Marines, yes I would like to see them added in game. Their organization is quite different from the Army and given the new amphibious vehicle feature we can finally have real landings in game.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

I personally dont care about the Marines or other NATO countries (except for Poland).

And yes, i said that, i would say it would be "cheap" to again go with a Marines Module a British Module and a NATO Module.

CMBS already looks like they took the units and buildings from CMSF and the terrain from the WW2 titles.

A module that brings winter terrain + separatists

A module that brings a Polish intervention force

Just something new, not the same stuff we already had in shock force.

I think marines from several sides would be guaranteed to take part in this setting.

I too wouldn't be all that excited with a reissue of the same armed forces we saw in CMSF.

But generally speaking, there aren't many countries which would both realistically participate in a flashpoint like this and have the means to fight and win.

Aside from the countries involved in SF, only a couple other could stand out, and mostly it's France.

It would be both nice and refreshing for example to have a module with a Franco-German task force (although looking through its oob seems mostly a light infantry force, they could get some armor attachments in a Black Sea aop).

There is also this entity called "Eurocorps", that could be something comprising units from several different euro countries - maybe it could be employed in game to make appear units from nations still not represented in the CM series (Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Italy and so on).

As far as it concerns me, I would buy any module coming out, yet Poland and/or baltics wouldn't be of much interest to me (maybe stuffing them in a single module?).

To be honest, RU marines won't add a yota of new equipment, you can already play them with BTR troops. VDV is a different thing. 

Pretty much, yeah. BMP-2s, MT-LBs, BTR-82AMs (in game should be identical to BTR-82A, minus the air conditioner on the roof), old silly RPK-74s. Not sure if they still have T-80s and ZSU-23-4 Shilkas. Oh, right, and I forgot about Osa and Nona-S/SVK.