Yet another one classified Russian munition :)

Alexey K

Not sure. Several tanks were covering the area. Spotted one BMP tank fired, then there was an explosion behind the first BMP and the first BMP caught fire and blew up some seconds later. Looking at the map afterwards there was a BMP in a crater behind the first BMP.

Only saw one shot, never got an icon for the second BMP during the game. After first two brads one shot thread I just assumed it wasn't an uncommon experience.

Actually, I was surprised not by the fact it killed two IFV, but by the fact in passed through 5+ houses and flew out of the map.

Like mass production of ventilation holes.

Now that is getting a little out there.  passage through one object is going to strip off the fins if it's a sabot type projectile, and it will certainly begin to have eccentricity in flight path.

Blowing through two lightish armored vehicles right by each other seems reasonable.  Keeping on a steady course after passing through a few multiple vehicles and houses without deviation?  Nah.   

as windows and doors are abstracted into the buildings 3d model it maybe that there is a VERY small chance that the sabot round would pass through those.

Of course, being those "openings"  abstracted, you have, say a 10% chance to hit one on a side of a building. 

But passing through five would be in a probability order lower than me winning the lotto.

as windows and doors are abstracted into the buildings 3d model it maybe that there is a VERY small chance that the sabot round would pass through those.

Of course, being those "openings"  abstracted, you have, say a 10% chance to hit one on a side of a building. 

But passing through five would be in a probability order lower than me winning the lotto.

Five times in a row? :)

Ten in fact as each building has at lest two opposing walls.

The round is still going to destabilize after going through some solid surfaces.  Yeah I guess it might be lotto win odds it keeps going through buildings, but it's Pittsburgh Pirates go to the Superbowl level odds to do it with accuracy.

It's sort of a silly thing anyway.  Until now I'd just seen it result in the occasional multi-PC kill, seems more like a quirk of the game than a serious issue.  

I have been running a few tests with a T-90AM firing at 500m at a side on line of M2A3s w/ ERA.  Consistently goes through 2 completely and sometimes goes through 3 M2s and damages a 4th.  It is actually kind of cool to see the entry and exit holes all lined up.

My next test is to line up 2 M2s and a couple houses and see what happens.