Combat Mission Movie number 4; The Old Soldier:

PaulMD

Nicely done!... I enjoyed this video more than the other black and white ones :)

Thanks. Yeah. Me too oddly enough. The novelty of the B/W has worn off for me so will probably stick to this format in the future. Mind you, though they were in black and white... I always heard them in colour.  :D

So you showing this at Cannes this year? :D

I think I would get canned at Cannes :P

yess same here.. good....  I thing we need option for building transparency

....and you're so right. The transparency thing makes no sense to me. I wish there was an option to get rid of it from a video making point of view and a playing one too. it would be cool seeing the men through the windows rather than the whole damn thing disappear. :rolleyes:

I think I would get canned at Cannes :P

....and you're so right. The transparency thing makes no sense to me. I wish there was an option to get rid of it from a video making point of view and a playing one too. it would be cool seeing the men through the windows rather than the whole damn thing disappear. :rolleyes:

Oh I would like that.  I have made that request a few times also toggling the red crosses would be nice too.  I like to play with them on but would like to record videos or screen shots with them off.

Oh I would like that.  I have made that request a few times also toggling the red crosses would be nice too.  I like to play with them on but would like to record videos or screen shots with them off.

I think there is a mod out there for removing the crosses but I can't remember if it works for all the modules. I find the transparency so annoying I even tried to video the house before anyone entered and then superimposed that upon the transparent shot in the video. It works...sort of, but is too time consuming. I'm not lazy. No. I just put a lot of effort into looking that way ;)

Oh I know you can mod out the crosses - I like them there when I am playing and I too am to lazy to save and restart with the no cross mod before videoing.

Lazy? You think you're lazy? My dog is so lazy he wont even bark. He just waits until the dog next door barks and then he just nods in agreement. :rolleyes:

Thanks. One of the highlights of my snowy day in NJ. Will play on TV later.

Kevin

You made my evening with your comment. Thanks Kevin. Hope you enjoy it  :D

• 3 weeks later...

PaulMD,

This was great.  That battle was on the CMFI demo and I played it over and over, from both sides.  It was always intense.

You caught the intensity just right.

Heinrich505

Thanks for watching. It's a great little scenario to play isn't it. Especially when you get down in amongst the action and like you say, very intense. I think you can miss the real meat of the CM games by not getting right in there and having a good look round. That's one of the reason I really enjoy making the videos.  :D

great video, but next upload any audio mods.

Great idea. All I lack now is the time to do it at the moment. Just on my way back to another long night shift.... Zzzzzzz :rolleyes:  Oh well. it pays the bills but gets int he way of me refighting ww2 :D

Same here cant watch it.

Need to keep this in mind. Think you mentioned it before but I forgot. Will try and do uploads in the futue with and wothout the music.

Outstanding! I found it very original by the way... you... erm.... "handled" the camera ;-)

Shot at grassroot level, so to speak.

Thanks for sharing this little gem with us!

Thanks for watching. I love making these little movies when I get the time, and the low down 'shots' for me are really immersive. 

I've used the same technique with the other little videos I've done on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErJUMogz9-Hjj3zJdJ1XOw

... eh... that may have been a plug  :D

PaulMD,

It just struck me that I didn’t post to congratulate you on the movie.

Hugely impressive :).

Congratulations.. look forward to more of the same.

All the best,

Kip.

Hey Kip! I don't mind waiting on praise. Thanks for watching. They're a pleasure to make... mostly  :rolleyes: ..  :D