Very strange Stryker construction o_O

Alexey K

The round went through the wheels and hit the ground right?

Shrapnel splashed up and damaged the machine gun.

:)

Edit: In all seriousness the damage model isn't 100% accurate, its abstracted to a degree and a little imagination is required for situations like that.

Edited by Raptorx7

In all seriousness the damage model isn't 100% accurate, its abstracted to a degree and a little imagination is required for situations like that.

Eh, sounds more like a bug. If you guys see this happen again, post a save file here showing the incident. 

I'm fairly certain he was assassinated. Unless he's living on the Moon or got really hairy and started roaming the woods, prompting stories about a Bigfoot with a Boston accent.

eh it shoulda read "The assassination of JFK supposedly by Oswald" or something like that...

At the very least,, he's not beamed up by Kerbals.

Reflecting on this issue, I wonder if the '12.7mm mg' in the game included the optics, which would extend down into the body of the vehicle to the gunner's position. I don't know which flavor of Stryker got hit, if it was the remote weapon station or the flexible mount that needs to be manned.

If something that carries HE hits anywhere on the vehicle, it can do incremental damage to external sub-systems, regardless of relative locations.  HE damage is highly abstracted, and has less logical effects at the lower end of the spectrum.  If it was a pure AP hit (especially a non-penetrating one) something buggier might have happened.

Armor piercing rounds, today, generally are meant for tanks. They can go through nearly a meter of steel. They don't have any explosive filler. A high speed dart going through a Stryker wouldn't be very effective. (Sure, one or two guys will be jellied, but the vehicle would be mostly okay. Maybe. ) Far better to use a shell filled with HE (HEAT style). That'll reduce the Stryker to scrap metal spread over an acre or so. That's a huge difference in outcome.

Armor piercing rounds, today, generally are meant for tanks. They can go through nearly a meter of steel. They don't have any explosive filler. A high speed dart going through a Stryker wouldn't be very effective. (Sure, one or two guys will be jellied, but the vehicle would be mostly okay. Maybe. ) Far better to use a shell filled with HE (HEAT style). That'll reduce the Stryker to scrap metal spread over an acre or so. That's a huge difference in outcome.

Nevertheless, I've observed several times as 125mm round fired at Stryker or Bradley passes right though them and blasts something behind target. 

So, it was probably AP round.

Recently i had a T-90A (the one with the Shtora red eyes) fire an APFSDS round at a Bradley at super close range (accidential encounter in a forrest) and the projectile ricocheted (!) from the Bradleys frontal hull armor. I dont have a save, but next time something like that hgappens i ll provide one.