Armata soon to be in service.

Lee_Vincent

Also, there is something on T-14 and T-15 I can't figure.  There are the big horizontal tubes and radar modules common to T-14, T-15 and Kurganets IFV which are presumably a shared APS system, but on T-15 there is also a box with a black plate on it angled upward between the two front hatches.  This same box is present in four locations on the upper edge of the T-14 turret facing each quarter.  All are inclined upward a bit.

Edited by akd

I miss the tarps.

No really, thanks for sharing the new pictures!

Armata tank: Maybe I am old fashioned, or my mind is already pointing to the "old man" attitude, but really I can't process that turret shape.

Armata  heavy IFV: I keep saying that the front part of the vehicle stresses a lot the few front shock absorbers. 

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

I miss the tarps.

Maybe I am old fashioned, or my mind is already pointing to the "old man" attitude, but really I can't process that turret shape.

Its going to be a %^&*$ to laze that in Steel Beasts in a few years!

:P

I miss the tarps.

Armata tank: Maybe I am old fashioned, or my mind is already pointing to the "old man" attitude, but really I can't process that turret shape.

Armata  heavy IFV: I keep saying that the front part of the vehicle stresses a lot the few front shock absorbers. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, man!

Sorry for the blurriness.

14307533873310.png

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

Am I only one the concept 3D arts with autocannon + circular turret far looks cooler than exposed turret? Dissapointed:/ Of course design does not give any good, but I wished 'cool' design. Oh anyway, let's see in the parade. 

exsonic01, on 04 May 2015 - 5:57 PM, said:exsonic01, on 04 May 2015 - 5:57 PM, said:

Am I only one the concept 3D arts with autocannon + circular turret far looks cooler than exposed turret? Dissapointed:/ Of course design does not give any good, but I wished 'cool' design. Oh anyway, let's see in the parade. 

Indeed. That thing looked awesome.

Edited by AtheistDane

APS rounds might actually be steerable and self-propelled. After seeing a schematic of Quick Kill APS rounds, I wanted to see how it actually works. And I found this video:

This way, you can defend against top attacks too. So I guess they work similar.

APS rounds might actually be steerable and self-propelled. After seeing a schematic of Quick Kill APS rounds, I wanted to see how it actually works. And I found this video:

This way, you can defend against top attacks too. So I guess they work similar.

LOL that is awesome. Everything you see in that video probably happens in less than maybe a tenth of a second.

One thing puzzles me: why T-14 is called a "medium tank" on that picture?

a- The author of the text was not aware of "medium tank" beeing an onsolote classification.

b- They (the Russians) are planning for a heavier model of a tank that is still a secret.

c- The T-14 is classified as "medium tank" because it is signficantly lighter than its western counterparts.

Needless to say all of the above is pure speculation.

Edited by agusto

a- The author of the text was not aware of "medium tank" beeing an onsolote classification.

b- They (the Russians) are planning for a heavier model of a tank that is still a secret.

c- The T-14 is classified as "medium tank" because it is signficantly lighter than its western counterparts.

Needless to say all of the above is pure speculation.

Personally, I bet on "a" :)

Don't debates have to have a point though?a

Not always, but generally yes. I suppose you could say that the debates/discussions we had, internally, about the shape of the Black Sea backstory was "pointless". Since there's no way we would have come so close to predicting what happened without it, I for one don't think it was.

And yeah, I know there's more than me involved in this debate. Very difficult to have a debate without at least one other person.

Steve