Projectile Tracing

First post! I apologize is this question has already been asked before on the forums.

I was wondering if there is any kind of mod or program that can trace projectiles, specifically for tanks? I'm thinking something along the lines of how Steel Beasts Pro PE does it, essentially showing you where on an armored vehicle it got hit and where the shell passes through.

For me, many times tank and other vehicular engagements happen very quickly, and it is simply too hard to tell where a unit got hit. I think this would be beneficial in a few ways:

1) If an unknown enemy is engaging you and your tank is hit, you could see where the enemy shell hit your tank, and allow you to orient your vehicle in order to protect it from more hits. I think this is still realistic because a simple visual scan would likely reveal where the damage occurred. 

2) AAR purposes, either during a replay or during the actual battle. If nothing more, you could at least see the shot that killed your vehicle, which to me gives me a slight bit of closure. Seeing the impact almost proves to me that I wasn't cheated somehow.

I know that in Red Thunder, hit decals were introduced. If there is any back porting of this feature to Shock Force I would be more than happy with that instead of a new projectile tracing mod/program. 

If anyone has any information related to anything like what I've described, or is there is simply mutual interest, please let me know!