The Battle of La Ferme Dupont - A CAAR

I do have Red Thunder, so.... What about this?

IMG_0848.JPG

The comic book cover!  How cool is that!  The cover itself is like a stand alone work of art.  Wow and 10 cents.  That brings back some memories.  

<snip>

had several series with "Sgt Rock" and  "Unknown Soldier".

Memories of riding my banana seat bicycle way over town to the new 7-11, (with no helmet!).Get a slurpee, some now or laters and a comic book.

In my corduroys and windbreaker!

<snip>

LOL  This really brings back some memories.  I did the exact same thing but for me it was a Ben Franklin dime store instead of a 7-11.  :)

I've just discovered this great series. My kind of cartoon! Very entertaining, please keep them coming.

You've got a fair bit of reading to do to catch up but I hope you enjoy it. This CAAR is wrapping up soon, but I expect that I will do another. :)

There you are, it's done!

This took:

Over 500 screenshots...

118 illustrated pages

Approx 1 hour per page

I'd like to hear back from readers - for good or ill.

What were the most exciting or interesting bits? What were the least? What should I keep doing, and what should I refrain or alter?

Some further details:

Unlike a conventional graphic novel, this was not a planned story; so I could not establish a story arc, as what happened in the battle was not something fully in my control, it depended also in enemy action. On the other hand, it was also unlike a conventional AAR in that I was able to pick and choose a few characters to follow. Willy's tale developed organically; I never expected him to stay as long as he did on the family plot, but it made (for me) a great story.

Another difference between this and a regular AAR is that I would follow the action in one area for a number of turns, reducing the amount of hopping back and forth which I find in conventional AARs. I though this made it easier to follow the events, and hopefully more interesting as you don't see just one or two shots, move to another unit at that point in time, see one shot, and move again, etc. Here you saw, as much as possible, a full sequence of events before going back in time a little to see another full sequence of events.

Edited by Bud_B