Free Copy AAR: DMS vs c3k.

DMS

The thing is that APS change everything. When "Arena" will be able to intercept top attack missiles - chances will be more equal. (Hey, Arena is already used by Russian army, while Trophey is a little fictional for now)

Classical tactical schemes don't work now. Ad-hoc decisions like using small calibers to destroy APS or to use artillery, precision or not, have limited sucess. Tank unit can just move quickly - and arty is useless.

And... Infantry is helpless against tanks, like in early WW II. With exception to Javelines, but only while Arena can't intercept top top attack missiles.

We need RPG-30 in the game! A lot of them, instead of RPG-26!

P.S. By the way, APS saved Ken's vehicles only 3-4 times, he acts very well.

DMS... You are fighting well with resources - situation at hand.

This is a battle for a bridge... not a decapitation siege  ;)

The 'Canadian Cat' & Lethaface & others offer solid suggestions. We are cheering you on.

Stick in their brother. 

Enjoy and Learn.

Peace,

Buzz

You could hope that the next patch arrives in time:

In v1.02, aircraft-launched missiles should be far less vulernable to APS, along with having a steeper attack profile making them less likely to hit terrain obstacles.

Or you could ask c3k if he is willing to delay the game, given that by saying that they will change the vulnerability of airborne-launched missiles to APS, BFC has practically admitted that the current way APS is depicted is considerd a bug.

I'd honestly go for a T-72B3 + BMP-3/M combo dropping ATGM infantry and Tunguska. I'd stick arena on one of those BMP's as well probably. My opinion obviously, I know it's always easiest to judge form the couch :D .

Edited by BTR

Yes, I also would like to have a company or two of T-72s. But I considered it too risky.

Now I am driven out of the town, a whole platoon with exception to few survivors is destroyed. 30 men...

142114_1000.jpg

My ATGMs fired many rockets. Nothing with exception to single Bradley without APS...

Ok, let's shell that tanks and repeat.

What about patch - will we able to continue playing technically? 

While I wait my Su-25s patch must be ready. :)

By the way, Su-25 wasted 3 expensive rockets for 1 destroyed (before hit) Humvee and 2 spots on the ground. (may be there were infantrymen?) I cancelled mission and called for new strike. 11 mins.

Edited by DMS

Now I am driven out of the town, a whole platoon with exception to few survivors is destroyed. 30 men...

That was a bit of a drag. You got there quickly but just not enough there I guess.

What about patch - will we able to continue playing technically?

Yes, usually upgrading to a patch works fine. It is not guaranteed but I personally have not had a game fail to upgrade.

While I wait my Su-25s patch must be ready. :)

Yeah, but that is the thing they will release it when they are read not when you need it :)

That was a bit of a drag. You got there quickly but just not enough there I guess.

Yes, usually upgrading to a patch works fine. It is not guaranteed but I personally have not had a game fail to upgrade.

Yeah, but that is the thing they will release it when they are read not when you need it :)

Exactly. I was too cautious.

Hey, what if he will drive all his forcess across the bridge?! Su-25s won't help me than. :o

Put an artillery barrage on the bridge using line/light/personell - this shold prevent c3k from moving his virtual alter ego on the bridge until time is up. Even if you cant take the bridge yourself it, he wont be able to do so either. Technically cou could use this tactic to enforce a draw.

That evil Humvee who saw through walls forest is killed! 40mm you say? Take 152mm one! Or two.

Barrage. Is. Coming! We will see how that mega-ultra-modern APS will survive it.

Ah, and I lost my BTR with infantry who decided to move around forest line instead of going through.

Edited by DMS

I made videos for past turns.

Events in the town:

http://youtu.be/WJ8UBFGufSE

Abrams destroy house and my squad. To much tanks and IFVs agains my small platoon...

http://youtu.be/QRasDFWHMjs

Hero ATGM gunner sends missile after a missile, but APS intercepts all of them with exception to one, that kills Bradley. Was that Bradley without an APS or previous near explosion damaged it?

Edited by DMS

http://youtu.be/7V8-6zW-EsU

Late artillery strike. Humvee was killed by laser guided rounds. Hm, it has laser detection system.

At the moment my forces are crashed, dozen of AT missiles is destroyed by APS, ATGM crews are destroyed by M1 area fire. I didn't expect that all vehilces will have APS. In that case I would take more tanks and BMP-3s.

My offmap units can inflict some more damage, but battle results are clear now.

We are still in 1 piece... But Abrams is coming to my setup zone! I am taking AT-4 (there are only AT-4 in Humvee) and making ready to die with glory!

I am trying. Will Ken find my artillery spotters? It is good that I destroyed that Humvee with IR optics.

Abrams saw "Tiger" car near buildings where are my spotters! He moves there! And Bradley from the bridge area too. Ok, let's play hide'n'seek.

Another Abrams was ambushed by my BTR. You now what hapenned then, right?

c3k set his M1 on the bridge so I wouldn't order Su-25s to attack it. He has taken hostage... A bridge! Will Kh-25 ruin the bridge? Explosives weight is 80kg. Anyway, APS will inercept it. I won't cancel mission.

Edited by DMS

Why you can't destroy the bridge? This lead game to draw, as I understand. And, if there are Victory Location then you can use BTR as "a nice boat" to seize it (a gamey tactic but "hard times - hard measures")

Ah, my BTR won't swim long in current situation.

By the way, c3k dispersed his forces. If I would save more BTRs, I could inflict some losses.

Destroying the bridge = he who destroyed it looses.  According to the rules ;)  Ken took some creative licence with creating this scenario.

Swim to WIN ....  yes... a gamey tactic but hard times sometimes call for hard measures...

Ken would understand ;)