Separatist mod

Blimey

I love the mod.  But, it looks in-game like nearly all the men have the same/very similar beards.  When examining the individual skins, one can see they are in fact different, however the in-game appearance seems like they all look the same/very similar.  Any chance of having guys with simply rough unshaven faces?  (Is there already a mod that does that?)  Thanks...

Hi Erwin - If you have Vein's mod, you can use his faces as a partial replacement. Alternatively, you can rename any of vein's or even Aris original RT face textures to run on from mine. So if my mod goes up to face texture 16, for example, your new faces start from 17. These will automatically be added to the rag-tagging. Of course the frequency of bare heads vs caps will change.

Edited by Blimey

Grunt-GI.....thanks for comment and the heads up. I've never had problems with the site but appreciate free hosting is a mine field.

The download is only available via the Orange download button on the site. Everything else is not related. More generally you might want to install an ad blocker too. That cuts out some of the crap. Annoying I know.

I'll get it up on the repository once that works better.

Hi Blimey,

I tried the mod and loved it. One question though. Some of the files have the tag "[digital]" as part of the file name. Did you add this yourself or was it already there? Reason I ask is, I was going to experiment with using a [separatists] tag in my scenario so that digital camo Ukrainians would look normal in other scenarios but gave up when I started renaming the files with a "[separatists]" tag as I don't know if a file can have more than one tag.

Thanks.

Edited by Cpl Steiner

Cpl S. - I followed the naming conventions used by BFC. I didn't add any additional or new tags.

The [tags] you mention were already inserted by BFC. However they relate to the pouches only so you could leave those out if causes an issue.

Not an expert on tagging, I'm afraid.

:)

Hello, Blimey...

I have TAGGED the ukranian version of your mod to an updated version of my scenario - Debaltseve Devils - that i'm working on now..

This works very well...Thanks again for your MOD  :)

Hi Blimey,

I tried the mod and loved it. One question though. Some of the files have the tag "[digital]" as part of the file name. Did you add this yourself or was it already there? Reason I ask is, I was going to experiment with using a [separatists] tag in my scenario so that digital camo Ukrainians would look normal in other scenarios but gave up when I started renaming the files with a "[separatists]" tag as I don't know if a file can have more than one tag.

Thanks.

When i first tried to tag my scenario i taged/re-taged all the files...Including those previously taged as [digital]...This messed up the files...Don't change the files that already is tagged [digital]...leave them as is...This works perfectly !  :)

I have everything working now...

Brilliant work Blimey!  This is just the mod I was hoping for.  I especially like the version that mods the Ukrainian digital camo.  (For my purposes, I altered it slightly by removing the "covered" face -- otherwise it appears on the standard Ukrainians and doesn't look quite right on them).

Thank you!

When i first tried to tag my scenario i taged/re-taged all the files...Including those previously taged as [digital]...This messed up the files...Don't change the files that already is tagged [digital]...leave them as is...This works perfectly !  :)

That is good to know. I will do the same with my copy of the mod.

My scenario "Neighbours From Hell!" is coming along nicely and will definitely benefit from this mod.

• 4 months later...

AD - The old links are no longer needed as the files have been posted to the repository. There's 2 options. One for the Russian slot and one for the Ukraine digital camo slot. These haven't been tested with the latest patch.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Blimey,

Al I can say after seeing these is "Cor blimey!" Fabulous work! I noticed something odd in your #18, the second sniper has either no or an alpha channeled rifle. Or maybe it's just optical Stealth? Would also like to suggest you investigate do rags for headgear. It seems to be common on both sides, in Spetsnaz and more.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...