Best music for menu

Hafer

• 1 month later...

I hope this thread is not too old to revive, but I thought I would throw in some World in Conflict music. I love this game and the soundtrack for it, and I think any one of these songs could be great for the main menu. 

WiC SA - Incursion:

I really like this one because you can almost see the Russian tanks rolling across the line of departure towards their first objectives.

WiC - Main Menu

Already a main menu theme, its of a decent length and really gets you into the mood. Not over the top or anything, a bit foreboding of the chaos to come. 

WiC - Fall of Liberty

Has a military theme to it and helps to set the tone as well, more so in the fact that it is implying a serious fight ahead that is of great importance. 

WiC SA - Marching North

Sounds like after a lot of fighting, battered and exhausted units are marching towards... somewhere. 

I like all of these, and there are more in the soundtracks that I really enjoy too, but I wont make this a huge post with all of them listed. Hope you guys like em and may even feel a bit of nostalgia for a great game

all those metal songs dont fit into the atmosphere, so far i only found 1 song that would somewhat fit in (non radio chatter)

but there are more for sure

.add some real life footage for main menu tho,for example: http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_09/220636/140301-ukraine-crimea-841_b3ee07c5617aed4c1a3932ab31544313.jpg

also that cmsf track was fantastic

Edited by Lacroix

Can someone tell me the file names of the menu background and loading screen background music ?

Those files are going to be inside one of the black sea v100.brz files. Most likely A, but I could be wrong. You'll have to use the mod tools and unpack the file and find the music folder. In the music folder should be what you're looking for. 

Those files are going to be inside one of the black sea v100.brz files. Most likely A, but I could be wrong. You'll have to use the mod tools and unpack the file and find the music folder. In the music folder should be what you're looking for.

...or someone who already did this could just tell me the filenames...

• 2 weeks later...

got to be

https://youtu.be/0z6fcd--354

Tour Of Duty Rolling Stones Paint It Black

Great song, and a great TV show as well. Some corny parts and generalizations, but overall I think its fantastic. Really takes a look at a lot of the issues/challenges that were faced in Vietnam, and it really doesn't shy away from anything. Internal race issues in the Army, infants being killed, bad LT's, family issues like divorce, it hits em all. Props for mentioning a great show!

• 3 weeks later...

iandes,

As an American, that is some seriously disturbing imagery!

Lacroix,

Wonderful adagio!  Like the "Lost Souls," too, but if you want foreboding, brooding, increasingly turbulent energy may I suggest?

Mars, by Holst

All, 

I haven't modded anything in any of my CMx2 games, but it occurs to me this might be apt, thematically speaking. That said, the Red Army Choir, or whatever it's called this week, exists in a category of its own when it comes to military themed singing: richness, depth, breadth, majesty, gravitas and presence all in one!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler