Bug: the German recon vehicles

Skinfaxi

The German recon vehicles with their reverse speed as high as forward speed and with a rear driver only have normal reverse speed! :o

How do I know that? Because I used the editor for the first time! :cool:

I want to use the opportunity to raise this problem to the attention of the designers, if they read this thread because of the bug:

But that's not the only problem: it's the behaviour of recon vehicles torwards tanks/guns in general that doesn't fit to the vehicle/weapon class at all (a problem affecting all sides in the game).

Please Battlefront, give the recon vehicles some love! Their implementation compared to the usual amazingly high standards I find very poor.

In the manual it is stated that victory points could be collected for spotting certain units. I begin to understandwhy I haven't found spotting scenarios yet! They would also need recon vehicles that act like recon vehicles.

Programming the AI to react intelligently is certainly a difficult, time consuming thing. But maybe this could be avoided if the player would have the ability to decide, how recon vehicles should behave when they face a threat? If this "retreat" behaviour is activated, then they do not engage a threat but retreat in the direction they were coming from. Problem solved. :)

Edited by Skinfaxi

What are you expecting?

Way back when I, and others, made suggestions for the improvement in the way Warrior and Elite worked. There was debate and teeth gnashing on the forums but I never heard a peep from Steve. About a year and half later changes showed up - pretty damn close to what I had asked for. Excellent! It was a pleasant surprise. So go for it, ask for the cool things you want. Just keep your expectations of a feedback loop low.

Here is the last time this was discussed - no sign of Steve or Phil in that thread either: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/102587-modelling-vehicles-motion/

What are you expecting?

If the developers have the time to post long comments about their opinion on the Ukraine crisis, then I expect that they find the time for a short feedback on a discovered bug.

And if the developers do not, I have read several threads, where beta testers endlessly discuss minor things.

So to answer your question: I expect a reaction.

If the developers have the time to post long comments about their opinion on the Ukraine crisis, then I expect that they find the time for a short feedback on a discovered bug.

And if the developers do not, I have read several threads, where beta testers endlessly discuss minor things.

So to answer your question: I expect a reaction.

I hope you get your reaction, but I wouldn't hold my breath. BattleFront is doing the old fashioned kind of game development, which is to say that they work on the game without revealing a lot of info, and then they ocasionally emerge from their solitude to present us with their latest results. The customers then buy it or don't. Rinse and repeat.

They do listen to feedback though, as far as I can tell, but it's not a wholly transparent process.

• 2 weeks later...