Actual Coat of Units V Stated Cost of Unit in QB Selection Panel Doesn't Match?

apoll

Ok, I have 5980 points to spend on selecting formations in the QB selection panel. I choose an armoured formation which, according to the cost I see alongside it, is worth 5500 points. I have enough according to the panel. However, when I select it, the remaining points window goes red, saying I am minus 465 points. Huh?? I deselect it and look again and sure enough, it is 5500 points, and I have enough. I select it again, and again it tells me I don't have enough. This happens regularly. How can I tell if I can actually afford a formation, and how do I see the true cost of a formation?

Grateful views.

Apoll

Ok, I have 5980 points to spend on selecting formations in the QB selection panel. I choose an armoured formation which, according to the cost I see alongside it, is worth 5500 points. I have enough according to the panel. However, when I select it, the remaining points window goes red, saying I am minus 465 points. Huh?? I deselect it and look again and sure enough, it is 5500 points, and I have enough. I select it again, and again it tells me I don't have enough. This happens regularly. How can I tell if I can actually afford a formation, and how do I see the true cost of a formation?

Grateful views.

Apoll

The first number is points (Left number) the right number is rarity, you may have enough points but it sounds like you don't have enough rarity. You can set the rarity number in the QB set-up screen, you can even disable it entirely.

Edited by Raptorx7

The actual cost of a formation will change every time you purchase it because some of its attributes are randomly chosen upon purchasing, e.g. the experience, motivation and leadership ratings, vehicle models weapon carried by squads, ect. The price you see before you purchase is based on everyone being average, so US formations in Black Sea will usually cost more upon purchase since their ratings are weighted to be above average.

Where as I tend to leave the soft factors on Typical and tweak the results a bit to shave few points of or fill out some remaining points. I prefer to play with a force that does not have uniform skill level. :)

So, in your example I would go into the force and either drop a platoon here and there or drop the skill level or leadership for various units to get back on budget.